Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where's the 15 Million gone?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Or I've made my opinion over numerous targets we failed to get and hardly any money pumped back into the team. If you don't have a successful team then where will all the part time fans go then? They will drift away quicker than the prices of the pies went up.

How many of the 24K+ fans are part time? I am basing that figure on the attendance at the Sheff Wed game deducting the Owls supporters.

Just because we've managed to get a two or three quality players without having to pay transfer fees, doesn't mean that money isn't being pumped back into the team. Wages are part of the budget but some myopic fans only look at transfer fees.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Did you wake up & think it was yesterday morning?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So last nights result has changed lots of people's opinions, jesus, it's one game!

Nobody is asking for all the budget spent, but you want some quality then you have to pay, quite simple. In my opinion if we think a few free's and loans are the answer then it's going to be a very long season and an away win at Leeds wont change that.

Hope i'm wrong and we bring in lots of free players and it works out great, just cant see it and don't think the clubs policy of ripping the fans off is fair when it comes down to it.

Jesus indeed. Last nights result hasn't changed anything for me, just evidence that the board and new manager are getting things together as they said they would. The club is being run professionally, with a clear, sensible and ambitious long term plan in place, by people who care deeply. First few games were always going to be difficult, with a new manager, squad being rebuilt and the dumb transfer window arrangements. You have no right at all to know where the money might or might not have gone. You do have the right to not spend your own money though. There is no 'ripping off of fans' going in IMHO - if your spend is optional, and you think it's a ripoff, don't do it. Simple really.

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
How many of the 24K+ fans are part time? I am basing that figure on the attendance at the Sheff Wed game deducting the Owls supporters.

Just because we've managed to get a couple of quality players without having to pay transfer fees, doesn't mean that money isn't being pumped back into the team. Wages are part of the budget but some myopic fans only look at transfer fees.

How many will go if we finish in the bottom 8, I'd take a wild guess at around 10-15%

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No, I don't change my thoughts on the club, our transfer dealings and our players sold on the back of one away win.

I don't on the back of two defeats, so...

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
If this transfer window ends with us picking up a striker better than those we have and a left back, we'll have had a good window overall.

I fully expect some out of the blue Vicente/Lopez/Orlandi type suprises as well before September 1.

Just got back from three weeks away, and it appears that such a surprise is already with us, for the season. My surprise would be a fast, goalscoring forward to replace Ulloa who already has a delicious goals-to-game ratio, probably that I've never heard of from some European league.

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
Jesus indeed. Last nights result hasn't changed anything for me, just evidence that the board and new manager are getting things together as they said they would. The club is being run professionally, with a clear, sensible and ambitious long term plan in place, by people who care deeply. First few games were always going to be difficult, with a new manager, squad being rebuilt and the dumb transfer window arrangements. You have no right at all to know where the money might or might not have gone. You do have the right to not spend your own money though. There is no 'ripping off of fans' going in IMHO - if your spend is optional, and you think it's a ripoff, don't do it. Simple really.

No right? Without the fans, the club simply cannot exist, so as much as I don't think we should be able to walk in the board room and check the figures and accounts, I do think we should be kept in the loop of what on earth is going on.

The food, the car parking (most expensive in the country in my experience of over 80 grounds) is for me ripping people off but my way of dealing with that is to not park and not buy food, doesn't make it right though.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Or I've made my opinion over numerous targets we failed to get and hardly any money pumped back into the team. If you don't have a successful team then where will all the part time fans go then? They will drift away quicker than the prices of the pies went up.

So you made your mind up and decided that we've completed effed up (your words) without seeing how the players we've got in play nor with who else we get in. I'm wondering what your definition of a successful team is. Actually I'm not. Serial moaner likes to moan.

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
I don't on the back of two defeats, so...

Or the fact we cant bring in the players we want whilst selling the stars and even an assistant manager walked away, But good luck with that if you cant see there is something very wrong behind the scenes.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No right? Without the fans, the club simply cannot exist, so as much as I don't think we should be able to walk in the board room and check the figures and accounts, I do think we should be kept in the loop of what on earth is going on.

The food, the car parking (most expensive in the country in my experience of over 80 grounds) is for me ripping people off but my way of dealing with that is to not park and not buy food, doesn't make it right though.

You can check the figures and accounts online at Companies House. You can also search out [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION]'s excellent threads discussing it.

Nobody is forcing anyone to park their car or eat at the Amex.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Real targets, or those on the 'NSC wish list' that the club itself never commented on........???

On the basis that virtually all of our (excellent) incoming players have been largely surprises, I don't really know what targets we failed to get........

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
I've had a good read of this thread, along with the countless others on the same subject.

After taking all this into consideration and carefully assessing the various arguments, I've come to the conclusion that the OP is a prick

I've come to the conclusion you have 17,155 posts on this message board and maybe you should go outside if your allowed without a nurse & therefore are clearly a very very sad man with no life and therefore I pity you.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Where has the £21 million come from?

I thought the last set of accounts showed a £14m loss, but this year it was expected to be at the magic £8m.

I thought the first year was £14m and then it rose to £21m. Obviously we don't know what this year's is going to be until December.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've come to the conclusion you have 17,155 posts on this message board and maybe you should go outside if your allowed without a nurse & therefore are clearly a very very sad man with no life and therefore I pity you.

Great debating skills.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here