Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where's the 15 Million gone?

Sussex Flyer

Aug 21, 2014
Is anyone else concerned about the clubs finances in that we appear to be selling players for large amounts of money, £15m recouped in the past year or so and very little spent on new signings. Is this to cover debts that we have incurred over the past 3 or 4 years. Due to this I started to look into the clubs last set of published accounts. This brought up a couple of interesting points in that they state that the club has liabilities of £10m that were due to be paid in the last year, this would be on top of any loss that the club make in this year. This would explain why we are not spending any of the money from player sales. I fear the losses for the past year are going to be a lot higher than those shown in the last accounts.

Also while looking at the accounts on the Companies House website, I have noticed that Barclays Bank have taken out a charge against the clubs assets in June, as far as I’m aware this was never reported anywhere so was a bit of a shock. From what I can gather this charge would appear to be to cover Barclays for the cash they are owed, either due to a loan or more probably an overdraft. This would suggest that Tony Bloom is short of funds and the overdraft has got to such a level that Barclays are worried that the club will struggle to pay it back and so have agreed a charge on the clubs assets. If we default on the borrowed money or we fall into administration then the ownership of the new ground, training facilities and players would pass to Barclays Bank.

Trust in Tony

Banned
Aug 17, 2014
Worthing
Is anyone else concerned about the clubs finances in that we appear to be selling players for large amounts of money, £15m recouped in the past year or so and very little spent on new signings. Is this to cover debts that we have incurred over the past 3 or 4 years. Due to this I started to look into the clubs last set of published accounts. This brought up a couple of interesting points in that they state that the club has liabilities of £10m that were due to be paid in the last year, this would be on top of any loss that the club make in this year. This would explain why we are not spending any of the money from player sales. I fear the losses for the past year are going to be a lot higher than those shown in the last accounts.

Also while looking at the accounts on the Companies House website, I have noticed that Barclays Bank have taken out a charge against the clubs assets in June, as far as I’m aware this was never reported anywhere so was a bit of a shock. From what I can gather this charge would appear to be to cover Barclays for the cash they are owed, either due to a loan or more probably an overdraft. This would suggest that Tony Bloom is short of funds and the overdraft has got to such a level that Barclays are worried that the club will struggle to pay it back and so have agreed a charge on the clubs assets. If we default on the borrowed money or we fall into administration then the ownership of the new ground, training facilities and players would pass to Barclays Bank.
Piss off back to the Palace boards you attention seeking troll

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

The Albion have switched banks from the Co-Op to Barclays. Having a charge on assets is standard lending procedure as anyone who has a business account would know if you have an overdraft facility (which isn't the same as having an overdraft).

There's no loan from Barclays, so you either misguided or stirring.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here