Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where's our new striker then?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Why does no-one mention the red mist with Greer? He's had the same number of red cards as Barnes in the three years since he's been here. I know Ashley had 2 in one season but he isn't a prolific offender.

Well when I see Greer attempt to trip a referee then I will mention him in the same breath as Barnes.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well when I see Greer attempt to trip a referee then I will mention him in the same breath as Barnes.

I was there at Bolton when Barnes caught the back of his heel which the referee interpreted as a trip. It might have been, or might have been accidental (I still have my doubts|)
Greer did a full on head butt, which is just as inexusable in my book.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If it happens we are covered better at central defence than central striker

Exactly. Very good cover currently available in central defense so it's not a major issue if Greer loses it again at this time.

If Barnes gets sent off or his injury reacts badly we are not in a good position and the rookies arn't the answer at this stage.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We don't want to bring in another BDB type striker for the sake of it. Barnes is the striker , we still have back up if needed by using Buckley , Conway or Ward playing up front.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We don't want to bring in another BDB type striker for the sake of it. Barnes is the striker , we still have back up if needed by using Buckley , Conway or Ward playing up front.

Not forgetting that Crofts has already chipped in with two goals this season. I think the midfield should score more goals in any case.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Not forgetting that Crofts has already chipped in with two goals this season. I think the midfield should score more goals in any case.

If playing one up front is the primary system we're going to continue to use all season, then midfielders better bloody well score, and score quite often. Unless we're hoping that our front man scores c50 goals this season....

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Just thinking of your hysteria regarding Osasuna's request to talk to Oscar.

That's how seriously your posts are taken.

Nothing like going over the top, but if you say hysteria then fair enough... Fact is, everything I say gets jumped on but the keyboard bully boys on here(but if that makes you feel hard, fair enough)...Fair play I'm not always right, but then I'm not always wrong either and I'm telling you all Barnes is not good enough. If we harbour any hopes of a promotion campaign this season. He is ok as third choice striker but that is it......We will see I suppose and like everyone else I hope he scores the winner tomorrow night but I won't be holding my breath. We don't score goals and they don't concede any. So 3-2 it is then,,,,or more likely another 1-0 to them. The best we can hope for is a 1-1 or a 0-0....I do hope this is bounced tomorrow night and I'm am totally wrong.

P,s....Note i'm not blaming Oscar, or even Burke really...It's not there fault someone else spent a frigging fortune and now it's got to be reeled in a bit.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Nothing like going over the top, but if you say hysteria then fair enough... Fact is, everything I say gets jumped on but the keyboard bully boys on here(but if that makes you feel hard, fair enough)...Fair play I'm not always right, but then I'm not always wrong either and I'm telling you all Barnes is not good enough. If we harbour any hopes of a promotion campaign this season. He is ok as third choice striker but that is it......We will see I suppose and like everyone else I hope he scores the winner tomorrow night but I won't be holding my breath. We don't score goals and they don't concede any. So 3-2 it is then,,,,or more likely another 1-0 to them. The best we can hope for is a 1-1 or a 0-0....I do hope this is bounced tomorrow night and I'm am totally wrong.

P,s....Note i'm not blaming Oscar, or even Burke really...It's not there fault someone else spent a frigging fortune and now it's got to be reeled in a bit.

Errr.........Barnes is the third choice striker, CMS and Ulloa are the first two choices, but are injured and suspended respectively.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I was there too, Barnes did not trip or attempt to trip him from what I could saw. Some referees like to be the centre of attention.

Barnes certainly did trip him, the question is whether or not it was deliberate. I reckon it was personally or he would have reacted completely differently to how he did.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Well I would have your arm off if you offered 0-0 even if Ulloa and Bridcutt were available and fit.

And I suspect you would have done the same on Sunday??? But I bet after the game you felt we should have won it, with the chances we had??? Fact is we are dropping points through not taking our chances and a loan striker would give us a different option to what we already have. Because what we already have is simply not clinical enough at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here