Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where now for Poyet ?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
See ya matey boy,......good right up to the point you gave up on us after the playoffs,..... hated your words and deeds since, big let down, jog on now please, just don't take any of our players with you,.. well maybe Barnes.

Other than the interview after the play-off game, which I still think some people are way too precious about, what other words and deeds are there for you to be so poisonous about?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Other than the interview after the play-off game, which I still think some people are way too precious about, what other words and deeds are there for you to be so poisonous about?
Its all been discussed at length already, I have moved on to pastures new, why don't you aswell, instead of hanging on to his coat tails just in case he stays.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Its all been discussed at length already, I have moved on to pastures new, why don't you aswell, instead of hanging on to his coat tails just in case he stays.

God you really do deal in absolutes don't you? He's not staying and to be honest it's a good thing because this has already gone on way too long, something has to give. I just don't understand why you have to be so poisonous about it, but then given your answer, I don't think you do either.

Dec 29, 2012
United Kingdom
He is a good but not yet great manager. It is very sad it has come to this as up until the 2nd game against palace I thought gus would be in the premier league with US. How ever I think his comments after the game were stupid.

el punal

Agree with this , his ego & outbursts will put off a lot of clubs, even if the Swansea job did come up I doubt they would go for Gus as surely if lack of spending on transfers is reason for laudrap possibly leaving, Gus would be totally a no go for them.

Did'nt seem to put Sunderland off taking on Di Canio.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If as now seems likely GP leaves Albion today where is he likely to end up? I guess for someone with an ego like his, it will still come as a shock that the Club was bigger than him!
He may have something lined up, but where's that likely to be?

My guess - he's courted the media here in England so I think he will stay here, as for Club - QPR, Southampton, Leicester or Newcastle

Ive checked my grammar hybrid, I'm struggling - any errors are mine

Would they want him? No, no, maybe, no.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Did'nt seem to put Sunderland off taking on Di Canio.

Mad, isn't it? Sunderland are the exception, not the rule. Most Prem and Championship clubs are a little more discerning. IMHO Gus will struggle to find his 'special' cub but, frankly, I don't care.

Viva Calderon

Apr 29, 2010
I really struggle with this anti Gus stuff. When he became our manager it was a bit like the geeky kid ending up bedding the head cheerleader. It was never going to be for ever but he helped raise our profile and we had some fun on the way. Okay he was high maintenance but the results justified the efforts. The time has come to part the ways - in the interim we have done good (to stretch the analogy, we've founded facebook) but I for one don't want to remember the parting, I want to remember the good times.

I really hope we get a manager who keeps and develops the style we now have and who can takes us further. But the premier league is not the be all and end all. I also hope that Gus gets a good job and is succesful. He is a precocious talent.

And if I'm to be blunt, now we've done good we should also be looking out for our old mates. Charlie oatway is going through a tougher time than many of us can imagine and I only hope that he doesn't get ruined by the collateral damage that the Willy waving of the last few weeks has caused.

Totally Agree !!! Viva! Viva! Viva!

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Mad, isn't it? Sunderland are the exception, not the rule. Most Prem and Championship clubs are a little more discerning. IMHO Gus will struggle to find his 'special' cub but, frankly, I don't care.

Careful now. The last thing we need is the Operation Yewtree officers getting involved in proceedings.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
If and when the decision of the hearing goes against him, Gus should not bother appealing, as he is not good at coming back from one down.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If and when the decision of the hearing goes against him, Gus should not bother appealing, as he is not good at coming back from one down.

:lolol: harsh, but fair.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Do you really think so, really? Remove your personal opinion of him and then decide, but I think you're incapable of a subjective answer to that.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Do you really think so, really? Remove your personal opinion of him and then decide, but I think you're incapable of a subjective answer to that.

My opinion is based on the belief his stock has (rightly) plummeted. Just how many Prem and Championship clubs are tripping over themselves to secure Gus' services? That's right, none. Your opinion appears to be based on blind faith in a manager who puts himself above our club. We are BOTH entitled to our opinions.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

BTW, do you understand what subjective means? Apparently not.

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
He'll be fine - I expect him to be a Premiership manager after the first round of sacking next season.
He's been fun, but he over-played his hand.
Ho hum......The Club will go on.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
He'll go back to his begging bowl on the streets of Montevideo where Tony Bloom found him.

"Don't forget it's me who put you where you are now. And I can put you back down too."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here