Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where now for Poyet ?

Aug 23, 2011
Do any of those mistakes really matter? to us?

exactly we employed him as a raw talent, not the finished article so people expecting otherwise are going to be let down. He learnt with us and we did with him. I feel it was a good partnership and a shame it had to end but c'est la vie. Hopefully both parties can move on sucessfully onwards and upwards

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Real Zaragoza, he has always wanted to manage them he said, but then he has said that about a few teams, as we all know.

There in a big financial meltdown and have no money to spend so that romance is def over for GP

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I really struggle with this anti Gus stuff. When he became our manager it was a bit like the geeky kid ending up bedding the head cheerleader. It was never going to be for ever but he helped raise our profile and we had some fun on the way. Okay he was high maintenance but the results justified the efforts. The time has come to part the ways - in the interim we have done good (to stretch the analogy, we've founded facebook) but I for one don't want to remember the parting, I want to remember the good times.

I really hope we get a manager who keeps and develops the style we now have and who can takes us further. But the premier league is not the be all and end all. I also hope that Gus gets a good job and is succesful. He is a precocious talent.

And if I'm to be blunt, now we've done good we should also be looking out for our old mates. Charlie oatway is going through a tougher time than many of us can imagine and I only hope that he doesn't get ruined by the collateral damage that the Willy waving of the last few weeks has caused.

Why would Charlie's future be affected by the oh so predictable binfest that's raged on here for the last month amongst those with very shallow thought processes and non existent knowledge of what's going on?

In arriving at it's decision, the club would no more pay heed to the soap drama that is NSC than it would consult the cast of Eastenders.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Not really, no. I don't hold any particular ill feeling towards the bloke. I just can't get over the bitterness that others feel. It's just very odd.

Yeah, me neither. I actually feel quite flat today, Poyet is going and the next manager will get my full support but I cant help feeling that with a different environment within the club (only way I can think of putting it without dragging up the same old history), Poyet would have us challenging for automatic promotion this season.

Lets wait and see how long the new management team take to GEL!!

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I think he will end up as a pundit for a couple of years, and then maybe find a job back in league one or the championship.

I don't understand why people think Poyet will walk into a premiership job. Although seen as a god by some on here, the truth is with what he has had at Brighton, he's been nothing special, some would say average. The fact that no one offered him a job since the end of the season, would sort of suggest Premiership chairman are not blinded by the "where we come from" brigade, and also see that Gus is very limited and average.

I think we can all paint a clearer picture in 12 months time. If the new manager can replace Bridge, Upson, (not bothered about El-Abd, so so on David) and add another signing or two, then we will see just how good this squad Gus helped to build is. I think its a lot better than the way Poyet had it playing.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I really struggle with this anti Gus stuff. When he became our manager it was a bit like the geeky kid ending up bedding the head cheerleader. It was never going to be for ever but he helped raise our profile and we had some fun on the way. Okay he was high maintenance but the results justified the efforts. The time has come to part the ways - in the interim we have done good (to stretch the analogy, we've founded facebook) but I for one don't want to remember the parting, I want to remember the good times.

I really hope we get a manager who keeps and develops the style we now have and who can takes us further. But the premier league is not the be all and end all. I also hope that Gus gets a good job and is succesful. He is a precocious talent.

And if I'm to be blunt, now we've done good we should also be looking out for our old mates. Charlie oatway is going through a tougher time than many of us can imagine and I only hope that he doesn't get ruined by the collateral damage that the Willy waving of the last few weeks has caused.

That saved my some typing.

Apart from the bit about Oatway about whom I have no idea what is going on.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Not really, no. I don't hold any particular ill feeling towards the bloke. I just can't get over the bitterness that others feel. It's just very odd.

Agreed.

Plus I hope he goes on and does really well. That is what I expect, and we can look fondly on his time here, and he is complementary about us. And we will just say that we could not afford to give the Gus Bus an Upper Deck. That is life.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Why would Charlie's future be affected by the oh so predictable binfest that's raged on here for the last month amongst those with very shallow thought processes and non existent knowledge of what's going on?

In arriving at it's decision, the club would no more pay heed to the soap drama that is NSC than it would consult the cast of Eastenders.

I wasn't referring to what has happened on nsc, I'm referring to the behaviour of all parties in the club v Gus scenario.

not really, no. I don't hold any particular ill feeling towards the bloke. I just can't get over the bitterness that others feel. It's just very odd.

Never liked the chap as i said before it was all about project poyet from the start,it seems this damaged the club in some way which is intolerable.Understand he wanted to progress but making it public did nothing to steady the good ship albion.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think he will end up as a pundit for a couple of years, and then maybe find a job back in league one or the championship.

I don't understand why people think Poyet will walk into a premiership job. Although seen as a god by some on here, the truth is with what he has had at Brighton, he's been nothing special, some would say average. The fact that no one offered him a job since the end of the season, would sort of suggest Premiership chairman are not blinded by the "where we come from" brigade, and also see that Gus is very limited and average.

Nobody has offered him a job because he's still under contract in the middle of a legal dispute.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes

Post of the decade.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes

I think we can all paint a clearer picture in 12 months time. If the new manager can replace Bridge, Upson, (not bothered about El-Abd, so so on David) and add another signing or two, then we will see just how good this squad Gus helped to build is. I think its a lot better than the way Poyet had it playing.

Well let's hope you're right eh? There's no better saying than' be careful what you wish for'.

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011
Spot on.

We've enjoyed some spectacular football over the past three seasons and I certainly won't be booing Gus any time soon. The end of his era has been desperately sad all round and even he may, in time, have a few regrets about things he has said and done given the unprecedented (in BHA terms) financial backing he has been offered and the affection and support he has enjoyed from the vast majority of fans - he may not find this at whatever other club(s) he works at and you have to be a truly special one to get away with the 'that's just the way I am' persona...

Charlie is one of ours and, unless he has been outrageously out of order in some way we don't know about - i.e. not just being loyal to his mate and boss, he should remain so.

Aug 23, 2011

i don't think you can use the "not offered a job yet" as a sign that premiership clubs don't want him. He has been suspended since the playoffs and would you be looking to employ someone with that hanging over their head or wait a few weeks for it to be sorted?

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
i don't think you can use the "not offered a job yet" as a sign that premiership clubs don't want him. He has been suspended since the playoffs and would you be looking to employ someone with that hanging over their head or wait a few weeks for it to be sorted?
Wait a few weeks? They've all got managers now, so yes, if one wanted Gus, I don't think any of this would have made the slightest difference, in fact the complete opposite, as Brighton's bargaining power would have been a lot lighter as we would have been a lot more eager to off load Poyet asap.

I think you can use the fact that no Premiership club came in for him, as a very firm signal that none of them want him!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here