Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Alexis going? (Liverpool - for an undisclosed fee...)

Where is Alexis going?

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
twitterati have been saying he's off to Liverpool for months. the way its pitched it seems ordained, may be Mac Allister Snr is a fan or Irish link?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I would just like to clarify it’s not scousers as such but Liverpool FC and their fans, of which most I have encountered have never been to Liverpool in their lives.
Just a thought but does that say more about Sussex than it does about Merseyside? Most people here I know are Liverpool or Everton, with a sprinkling of Tranmere as well. It’s not like Brighton where your neighbour is as likely to support Man Utd or Arsenal as they are to support their local team.

Last edited:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
It’s probably only a small number of PL clubs can afford the transfer fee at the moment unless PSG or Real Madrid come in for him .

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Just a thought but does that say more about Sussex than it does about Merseyside? Most people here I know are Liverpool or Everton, with a sprinkling of Tranmere as well. It’s not like Brighton where your neighbour is as likely to support Man Utd or Arsenal as they are to support their local team.
Very possibly, when I was at school in Horsham in the mid to late 1990s you couldn’t move for Liverpool fans. Including all the obnoxious kids, which I think is what drives my dislike of them.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Liverpool seems a good fit and just feels right. Expect it might happen early in the window too which would stop the distraction. More scared come the last week of the window that they’ll be some sort of shock move of a suddenly unsettled random other player.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I went for nowhere.

The only club who may think they need him and could afford him is Liverpool. But I really don't think he is fast enough or clever enough for them. They still play Heavy Metal football whereas we are more Witch House, with hypnotic slow possession then violent mesmeric pouncing.

Not good enough for City.

Newcastle perhaps. But they can afford anyone now.
Witch House.

What new magic is this?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If he's good enough to win a World Cup he's good enough for anyone.
The bloke is pure class and can only get better
Shhhhhhh!

FFS

:facepalm:

:wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not sure you are right about the Liverpool point…..they’ve had numerous players in the middle of the park this season like say Thiago…Henderson….wouldn’t call them fast
Faster of mind?

(I'm trying to talk the cachet of out WC winner down, and when people like you come along and say 'no, actually...' you are undermining all my work :facepalm: )

:wink: :thumbsup:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
New WAG 👀

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Why do you wonder that ?
We all know what money grabbing pieces of shit football agents are, totally motivated by greed, so I just wondered if an agent, being a close family member might take other matters into consideration, such as what the player wants. For example, he may prefer to wait for an offer from a different club.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Wouldn’t surprise me if he is off to Real Madrid …they seem in a flux at the moment and he would fit in well.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Indeed. According to Fabrizio Romano at least, personal terms have already been pretty much agreed between both parties.

That is if we care to believe what he says of course.
I would say Ali Mac's tears at the end of the game at Villa all but confirmed that he has agreed terms somewhere else and expects that club to meet our valuation of him.

I don't think this one will stretch out over the summer.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
We all know what money grabbing pieces of shit football agents are, totally motivated by greed, so I just wondered if an agent, being a close family member might take other matters into consideration, such as what the player wants. For example, he may prefer to wait for an offer from a different club.
Agents don’t force players to move against their will. Players employ them so they can have it both ways; take the money and have somewhere else to deflect the fan anger.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
He is a lovely player to watch, smashing lad too. I was emotional clapping his emotion at VP.

But, I don't think he is good enough for City. Final ball and shooting not reliable enough. Can get caught in possession. Liverpool is a done deal. He may be good enough for them, but it's not guaranteed. Good luck to the lad. He will always be our World Cup winner.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Agents don’t force players to move against their will. Players employ them so they can have it both ways; take the money and have somewhere else to deflect the fan anger.
agent can and do change their will. i think Snr has a lot of sway here, though not necessarily all about £, unlike a normal agent looking out for their commission.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here