[Albion] Where is Alexis going? (Liverpool - for an undisclosed fee...)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is Alexis going?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
For example:

The sound track to the way we play.

OK I have listened to that all the way through and cannot relate it in any form to the way the Albion play. Principally because we are never THAT annoying :lolol:

Sounds like Witches music though, I’ll give you that :wink:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What is that belief based upon ? Alexis is 24 years old. My Dad had zero influence over me when I was that age.
partly Latin families tend to have stronger influence, partly because he is Alexis' agent.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
And with just as much evidence I am going to stick with my view that Alexis and Moises and all the others are grown ups and they may just prefer to move on.
didnt suggest otherwise. some cross wires here. im saying normally we expect agents will encourage, even manipulate players to move and do so for highest financial gain, in some cases maximising earning is not their only focus.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If he's going to go, it should be City. Good bet for Champions League and Premier winners for next few years.

The others ? Can't see United or Newcastle winning the Premier or Champions League in the next couple. Arsenal maybe an outside bet. Liverpool possibly even longer from a Premier league title. If Champions League qualification is all he's looking for, may as well just stick with us :wink:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Found the tears slightly strange I must admit, doesn’t seem like the actions of a man ready to leave?

You do have to wonder if he’s being pushed into the move for the money, maybe not but something doesn’t sit right

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Found the tears slightly strange I must admit, doesn’t seem like the actions of a man ready to leave?

You do have to wonder if he’s being pushed into the move for the money, maybe not but something doesn’t sit right
I agree. Not the tears of someone about to get their dream move.
If he does go I have said all along that it should be to City or abroad.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol

I think that's massively clutching at straws I'm afraid. It's easily possible to be sad/emotional to leave somewhere that you've loved working, while at the same time being excited to take a step upwards

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
If he's going to go, it should be City. Good bet for Champions League and Premier winners for next few years.

The others ? Can't see United or Newcastle winning the Premier or Champions League in the next couple. Arsenal maybe an outside bet. Liverpool possibly even longer from a Premier league title. If Champions League qualification is all he's looking for, may as well just stick with us :wink:
I suspect that he is also looking for a major pay rise that he won’t get here.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
I was under the impression both he and Caciedo wanted Champion League football.......Mac won't get that at Liverpool, albeit he would get a huge payrise ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I was under the impression both he and Caciedo wanted Champion League football.......Mac won't get that at Liverpool, albeit he would get a huge payrise ?
Indeed and a chance to join a club that’s won premier league and champions league in the last few year. As well as other champions league finals

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I think that's massively clutching at straws I'm afraid. It's easily possible to be sad/emotional to leave somewhere that you've loved working, while at the same time being excited to take a step upwards
Not clutching at straws because I’ve accepted he’s leaving, just thought it was unusual think about how many thousand players move every year I don’t think I’ve ever seen such an emotional ‘farewell’ from a player anywhere?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Your basing that on season 2023/24.

What are the guarantees that Newcastle/Manure/Arsenal will prevent Chelsea/Liverpool/Tottenham being top 4 for the next 5 years? This time last year the first three were out of the CL.

Only Abu Dhabi have it sewn up for the rest of the century.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Not clutching at straws because I’ve accepted he’s leaving, just thought it was unusual think about how many thousand players move every year I don’t think I’ve ever seen such an emotional ‘farewell’ from a player anywhere?
How about Firmino on the same day?

It's a huge jump to think that Alexis is somehow being forced to move against his will. Of course he wants to go to Liverpool/City etc, they're the sort of clubs he'll always have dreamed of playing for. Doesn't mean he won't miss Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports