Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
the Q8/BP garage at the bottom of mill road

Correct!

The North Starts Here....JPG

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Next door to my house. I am on a north-heading road, so the next house up, which has some late-night drinking snoopy students in it, is the north to me, and therefore one of my natural enemies, along with The Proclaimers who have had it in for me since i accidentally turned up at one of their "gigs", which was actually a wedding they were playing at probably for about £80, the cheapos, and having a better Scottish accent than them, and a better flat top - one you could lay a carpet of ants across, each six-legger pierced by my rigidily sharp bristles..

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
It's sad that we no longer play Plymouth Argyle, Exeter City or Torquay United. I miss the away fans responding to an Adam El-Abd tackle with a chant of "Dirty Northern Bastard".

remember the Janner's (PAFC) calling us cockneys a few times.

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove
The geographical mid-point of England (from north to south) is somewhere around Stoke / Nottingham. If we were to be spoddish about it, everything above this would be 'The North'...

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
When I lived in Brighton, it was the Pylons on the A23 just past Braypool.
Now I live in Shropshire, no way is this North.
Past Stoke inthe M6 or past Derbyshire on the M1

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
North of England = traditional counties of Yorkshire, Lancs, Durham, Northumberland, Westmoreland and Cumberland.

The South West begins at Salisbury.

Sussex is one county.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here