Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where did you drink pre match during the goldstone days?

really??? , i was in there, went outside and they had disappeared down the road , don't remember the windows going in???heard they walked from Hove to Brighton town centre after the game, came down in mini buses:whistle:
regards
DR

I think you are right tinker,recall glasses getting lobbed down the road at the cobblers and defo the windows didn't get put in. ???

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
After they split up Graham ran The Swan in Midhurst with his new lady and I saw Gayle at Withdean doing the half time draw. She was working for a company supplying pubs pool tables in and around Burgess Hill when I had The Cricketers in B Hill, Tarratt Tables, I think it was called.

That was Graham and Julie, Graham and Gayle were earlier.

sherryoldboy

Aug 29, 2013
Vanguard mostly, bosun sometimes until the old bill started to park out side. Bottom bar at the cliftonville for a few card games pre match. early 80's used to drink in a pub on the corner of Churchill Sq but can recall the name. If the word went out may have gone to Railway Belle. used to be a very old Pub down the lane way near the Vanguard that sold a very strong cider, Recall a few of us having a few and running a mob of Westham up west St, not a good idea ant any time.

Vanguard mostly, bosun sometimes until the old bill started to park out side. Bottom bar at the cliftonville for a few card games pre match. early 80's used to drink in a pub on the corner of Churchill Sq but can recall the name. If the word went out may have gone to Railway Belle. used to be a very old Pub down the lane way near the Vanguard that sold a very strong cider, Recall a few of us having a few and running a mob of Westham up west St, not a good idea ant any time.

cranbourne,lamb and flag were popular as well???

sherryoldboy

Aug 29, 2013
Lamb and Flag for sure also the quadrant near the clock tower. A few times we met up near St James St if millwall were in town. Midweek games were a little naughty to see if any one was down of early drinks. (Charlton, Saints,Pompey)

Lamb and Flag for sure also the quadrant near the clock tower. A few times we met up near St James St if millwall were in town. Midweek games were a little naughty to see if any one was down of early drinks. (Charlton, Saints,Pompey)

Recall the bosun lads coming in the north a bit late against pompey,gave a few pompey a fright,that was the 4-0 night game:rolleyes:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Jonseys wine bar in Worthing then the eclipse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here