Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where did you drink pre match during the goldstone days?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
One by Hove station. Seem to remember it was a Firkin pub for a while. DogBolter and DogsBollocks I think we're a couple of their beers.

Yes. Dogbolter and the Firkin pubs were great. The bloke who started Firkin bought run down pubs originally and put in micro breweries well ahead of time. They were then bought by allied domecq and sold to Bass who discontinued Dogbolter and introduced two new beers Tetleys and Burton!!!!! No doubt the founder made enough millions to not care.

Here mainly.

1.jpg

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Home games would be the North Star in Ditchling, shut down years ago. We had a friend who lived opposite the ground for parking.
For some reason I remember listening to Rod Stewart - Killing of Georgie on the jukebox at the Thatched Inn Keymer prior to an away League Cup game (may have been Derby).
And for THAT match away to Newcastle I was in the Greyhound Keymer cheering off loads of friends who were busing it up overnight. I flew up in the morning by plane.
Finally my first taste of Tetley Bitter was in a pub in Blackpool the year Teddy scored (1977?). Went looking for the pub two years back and still there but they didn't remember be!
More importantly, we wouldn't dream of drinking a couple of pints and driving to a game now but then it was just accepted.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
We used to drink at the Gas Club down on Church Road (now Sainsburys!), also the Eclipse, The Exchange, The Hove Park Tavern and sometimes the Cliftonville by Hove Station. After games we used to go back to the Nightingale outside Brighton station.

I remember Northampton trying to take the Cliftonville for a Friday night game, the pub was left with very few windows!

we used to drink at the gas club down on church road (now sainsburys!), also the eclipse, the exchange, the hove park tavern and sometimes the cliftonville by hove station. After games we used to go back to the nightingale outside brighton station.

I remember northampton trying to take the cliftonville for a friday night game, the pub was left with very few windows!

That was the night the Northampton came up Goldstone Villas towards the cliftonville:facepalm:

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Shades/ the royal pavilion tavern

That was our Saturday evening meeting place - Shades @ 8!

Pre-match was always the Hove Park Tavern if we were having a drink, but more often than not we would go directly to the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here