Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where did you drink pre match during the goldstone days?

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Used to drive down from Horsham with a group, drink in the Neville then park on the slope at the side of the dog track by the park. Wonderful memories! Never been back there though, anyone know if its any good these days?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Oddly, enough we used to meet at the Sportsman as we would then go in 1 car. Before that, the one near Hove Station.

What was it called?

Used to drive down from Horsham with a group, drink in the Neville then park on the slope at the side of the dog track by the park. Wonderful memories! Never been back there though, anyone know if its any good these days?

NEVILL PUB JUST ROUND THE CORNER,ITS OK DOING THE PIZZA MENU BUT NOT A HUGE LOCAL LIKE IT WAS LATE 80'S EARLY 90'S:smile:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
found it "Bertie Belcher's Brighton Brewery Company at the Hedgehog and Hogshead - It's Really in Hove, Actually"

"Prickle Tickler", "Dog Blotter"(?) and "Brighton Breezy" were some of their beers. I nearly got bored to death by some fanzine selling, real ale drinking, train enthusiast Crewe fans in there one Saturday lunchtime.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
The Battle of Trafalgar for a drink, The Dyke Tavern for pool and The Ship on Lewes road for ahem yes well if anyone else used to go they'll know why.
Happy days

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
The Ship in Lewes Rd, Martha Gunn in Upper Lewes Rd, and The Gladstone in Lewes Rd. If in town The Bosun.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
The Station Hotel by Preston Park Station - then up the hill - Dyke Road - Hove Rec - Chicken Run:albion2:
Used to have a flat 30 yards away.
Played Sunday League for them in my Yoof!!

Jan 30, 2008
We used to drink at the Gas Club down on Church Road (now Sainsburys!), also the Eclipse, The Exchange, The Hove Park Tavern and sometimes the Cliftonville by Hove Station. After games we used to go back to the Nightingale outside Brighton station.

I remember Northampton trying to take the Cliftonville for a Friday night game, the pub was left with very few windows!
really??? , i was in there, went outside and they had disappeared down the road , don't remember the windows going in???heard they walked from Hove to Brighton town centre after the game, came down in mini buses:whistle:
regards
DR

The Swan at Falmer. It was on my way in to the Goldstone. The lass always seemed to play better after I'd had a couple of Harveys Old. Plus there was never a problem parking when I got to the ground.

The Swan at Falmer. It was on my way in to the Goldstone. The lads always seemed to play better after I'd had a couple of Harveys Old. Plus there was never a problem parking when I got to the ground.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Love reading these types of threads. Nostalgic tales of yesteryear in Brighton and Hove. Also enjoyed the one regarding the West Street Firm a while back. Pubs and Clubs i've been to in my going out in Brighton years, which have had different names over the course of time.

Keep them coming :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here