Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where did you drink pre match during the goldstone days?

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
At one point it was the self-styled Pub with The Longest Name In The World. Name went all along the front and down. Was pretty shit pub by then, but the default watering hole for anyone getting off the train at Hove.

I can sadly still remember watching T'Pau (Carole Decker) video in there and Belinda Carlisle video on the big screen.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
At one point it was the self-styled Pub with The Longest Name In The World. Name went all along the front and down. Was pretty shit pub by then, but the default watering hole for anyone getting off the train at Hove.

found it "Bertie Belcher's Brighton Brewery Company at the Hedgehog and Hogshead - It's Really in Hove, Actually"

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
We used to drink in the Belle View, then walk to the ground.
We were only 15 when a started going in there but the landlord didn't seem to mind:)
Happy days:)

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Where did you drink pre match during the goldstone days?

I didn't! - have always gone to matches for the football and have never really understood the link between football and drinking ???

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Shades/ the royal pavilion tavern

el punal

The Cliftonville, by Hove station, from 1969-1972 when it was a dump with a lino. floor and nicotine stained everything and you could'nt see the other end of the bar for cigarette smoke. Brilliant! Then from 1972 onwards, when it was tarted up in purple/pink etc just like a French brothel.

The White Swan just outside Arundel 'cos it served Harveys.

The Schooner ?, next to Shoreham harbour, Southwick/Portslade. And many more.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
We used to stop off halfway between T Wells and Brighton at The Five Bells Chailey, it had a great atmos on a saturday lunchtime, it was owned by a guy called Joe Cornelius, who i think was an ex wrestler, they sold Whitbread Pompey Royal which was very popular back in the day, always had far too much to drink and drive, very happy days.
If anyone remembers the pub or still knows of it i would be interested to know

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
We used to stop off halfway between T Wells and Brighton at The Five Bells Chailey, it had a great atmos on a saturday lunchtime, it was owned by a guy called Joe Cornelius, who i think was an ex wrestler, they sold Whitbread Pompey Royal which was very popular back in the day, always had far too much to drink and drive, very happy days.
If anyone remembers the pub or still knows of it i would be interested to know

yep its still there and going, i go there occasionally for a car club

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That would have been me when Graham and Gayle were there 87-89...stood on the door for matches.

After they split up Graham ran The Swan in Midhurst with his new lady and I saw Gayle at Withdean doing the half time draw. She was working for a company supplying pubs pool tables in and around Burgess Hill when I had The Cricketers in B Hill, Tarratt Tables, I think it was called.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Back bar of the Rainbow in Lewes, then into town for a few in the William Tell before heading to the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here