Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's your Best AUTOGRAPH?

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
i've got the Newcastle away programme signed by the Albion team.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Bobby Moore at Brighton Reserves v Fulham Reserves at the Goldstone! Used to live near the ground and pop along quite regularly! I think he was sacked shortly after!

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
As a young Albionite I had got one of those very 1960's vinyl duffle bags signed by the whole Albion team circa '67..... unfortunately my Mum threw it out a few years later when she thought I didn't want it any more.......:facepalm:

A few other sporting autographs from the 70's - Michael ('Whispering Death') Holding just after the Windies' bowling attack had blown England away at The Oval. I recall a very grumpy Geoff Boycott rather bluntly refusing my request....thought he was a miserable git at the time but looking back it was understandable, even for him.

A very chilled out James Hunt while testing for McLaren at Goodwood, when he finished his driving stint and handed his car over to his teammate then just sat on the old pitwall and chatted with the few fans present, in between heckling his team mate's lap times when he pitted. Despite being world champion and having an uncompetitive car he was charmingly witty, happily posed for photos and signed autographs. Scruffy as hell wearing cut off denim shorts, a Barry Sheene t-shirt and chain smoking. What a different era, no corporate uniforms, no PR assistants, no security. Just free access, which he welcomed. Oh and Goodwood in the 70's was a scarily dangerous track at which to test an F1 car in anger, especially as the team's founder had been killed there a few years earlier. No wonder characters like Hunt worked hard - and played even harder.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Carl "misty and murky" Tyler.

meridiantonight-280602a-s.jpg

Thread closed.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Lawrence Dallaglio in April 2003 with my name saying "We will win it". And again in April 2004 with "we did it".

Also Gus Poyet on the front of the Doncaster programme.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Rolling Stones at Wembley....autographed Emotions LP.
Sir Harry Secombe on first day cover.
Sarah Brightman.
Billy Cotton,Alan Breeze,Kathy Kay on a 1939 Hippodrome programme.
Sir Richard Attenborough on a still shot from Brighton Rock 1947...(Got that because my Dad was an extra in the film)
Dora Bryan.
Max Miller.
Won't bother to name Albion players...too many.

happygull

Dec 28, 2011
Have quite a few, was an avid collector as a kid

best ones .... George Best signed his autobiography, not when I was a kid but just before he died
Sir Elton John signed copy of his Goodbye yellow Brick road album
Sir Bobby Moore
1976/77 Liverpool team ... toshack , keegan, highway, clemence etc

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
From the winker of a building company in chichester that nearly made me go bust 9 years ago he eventually signrd a cheque after7 months ! Jcl

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
First and last - Bill Wyman, Hastings Pier 1960 something. Possibly still the most boring person Ive spoken to in my life.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Kenny Lynch, signed on a train between Portslade and Brighton.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Wasn't then, is now.

Every year there is a large plumbing and heating exhibition at Chelsea FC, this is a trade only ticket only event, visitors can go on a free tour of Stamford Bridge.
About 4/5 years ago when I was attending the exhibition there was a chap on the stadium tour that I thought was a dead ringer for Eric, I wanted to tell him but I didn't.
Later on I realised it was Eric Bristow when I saw some lads getting photos with him.
I said hello to him and told him I had recently heard him on the radio, he didn't seem impressed and told me rather loudly that I was mistaken and had clearly seen him on TV.
End of chat from me, but I have often wondered why he was at a plumbing exhibition.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Larry hagman at the height of his Dallas fame. He had a wad of pretend dollar bills with jr's/his face on them that he was signing and peeling off. Probably the coolest thing I have ever seen. Wish I knew what I did with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here