Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's your Best AUTOGRAPH?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Pulborough? ???

If so he shops at the same place as Brian Ferry (well I saw him there earlier in the year).

I didn't know whether or not to broach the subject of why Roxy Music became so crap after Eno left, but he was obviously busy sifting through the chilled salad stuff so I didn't.

I would have asked Dave Gilmour why the Floyd didn't stop after Animals in 1977 and if he ever felt like chinning that whiny **** Roger Waters....

Yes! I've not seen the Ferry in there, but i've seen him out and about. A few other well known people shop in there from time to time. I've seen Gilmour in there twice.
I didn't want to trouble Gilmour too much, he was shopping and looked a bit inconspicuous so I just asked for a quick signature and wished him a good day etc etc. Would love to have a proper chat with him, but he's a very private man by all accounts.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
This year I had a birthday card from Michaela Strachan, telling me to "have a really wild birthday". I'm not sure I'll ever top that...

When I was a lad completed a Cross Country race for Horsham Blue Star Harriers at Sompting and a bloke offered to sign my running number, (1970-71 ish) and it was Roger someone and he doodled a Saint looking figure on it, my parents were very excited about this I recall!
The best autographs are undoubtedly those where the celebrity in question has POUNCED on an innocent victim.

The very young (at the time) Miss Bracknell was once in the Club Shop when someone she described as "a bald old bloke" insisted that she'd like him to scrawl his name on the Albion shirt she was wearing. Which is how I come to have a shirt with Peter Ward's autograph on the sleeve hanging in the wardrobe.

And my old mum was once walking her dog along a river bank in Cheshire (where she lived), accompanied by her young grandson (my nephew), when the lad accidentally kicked his football over a hedge and into someone's back garden. Suddenly another bald old bloke appeared, holding the ball, and offering to return it with his signature inscribed on it. Fortunately, my mum recognised Bobby Charlton and graciously accepted the offer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here