Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
plymouth nige said:
The Outlaw Josie Whales

wcnige
Wales surely.
Is that the one where Eastwood keeps gobbing chewed tobacco onto that dogs head ? Quality.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Once Upon A Time In The West. Awesome, makes the bridge from traditional westerns to the modern, introspective western. The opening scene may be the greatest of any film ever and its just brilliant all round.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Missouri Breaks starring Jack Nicholson and Marlon Brandon is excellent and a little bizarre, Nicholson plays a horse thief and Brando the (very camp I should add - in one scene he is dressed in a womans frock with make up) lawman out to get him dead or alive.

Carry on Camping is the best English made western.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Curious Orange said:
Do re-makes of Akira Kurosawa samurai films actually count?

Star Wars Episode IV is also a remake of a Kurosawa film (The Hidden Fortress), but most people on here seem to have no problem worshipping that.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
Les Biehn said:
Once Upon A Time In The West. Awesome, makes the bridge from traditional westerns to the modern, introspective western. The opening scene may be the greatest of any film ever and its just brilliant all round.

Agree about OUATITW's brilliance and put it only a shade below High Noon (both are in my top 5 films of any genre).

But it was High Noon that made the transition, 18 years before Leone.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Trufflehound said:
Agree about OUATITW's brilliance and put it only a shade below High Noon (both are in my top 5 films of any genre).

But it was High Noon that made the transition, 18 years before Leone.

I didn't say it was the transition, its the bridge between the two era's which can mean something different.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Curious Orange said:
Just wondering. So a Western version of a Shakespeare play would also be valid. Cool.

A western is a western is it not. Men with hats on horses, dancing girls, saloons, gunfights, Red Indians, stagecoach chase through Monument Valley.. does it matter where the underlying storyline came from.

I couldn't care less if the western was based on a storyline from Fawlty Towers to be brutally honest.

:p

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Trufflehound said:
Edit. Whoops.

That was my favourite especially the last scene where the hero pledges his love for his wife..'dahlin, look after ma boy..n you sure look purrrty....

Would have done better at the flicks if it had a better title.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
Curious Orange said:
Do re-makes of Akira Kurosawa samurai films actually count?

Of course, there is also the fact that Kurosawa openly admits he got all his original inspiration from watching John Ford westerns...

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
The WESTERN ROLL, It is a far more cumbersome technique compaired to the Fosbury Flop ,But a more amusing.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
Perry Milkins said:
That was my favourite especially the last scene where the hero pledges his love for his wife..'dahlin, look after ma boy..n you sure look purrrty....

Would have done better at the flicks if it had a better title.

That's interfering executive producers for you. The director wanted to call it "Hot Asian Babes Go Wild For It in Deadwood", but he was overruled.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here