Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats the greatest WESTERN ever ?

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Trufflehound said:
That's interfering executive producers for you. The director wanted to call it "Hot Asian Babes Go Wild For It in Deadwood", but he was overruled.

Not to be confused with the Kurosawa's original version film called 'I like Sushi and she likes me' this was based on one of Shakespeare's sonnets and an eposode of Crossroads,

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
The Good, The Bad and the Ugly for me!!

Can watch that again and again!!!

"BLLAAAHHNNNDIEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!"

(Scene of a man with a noise round his Gregory standing on a wooden cross over a grave!)

:flameboun

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Northstander said:
The Good, The Bad and the Ugly for me!!

Can watch that again and again!!!

"BLLAAAHHNNNDIEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!"

(Scene of a man with a noise round his Gregory standing on a wooden cross over a grave!)

:flameboun
#
"you PEEEEG !!! You BASTAD !!! I HOPE YOUR MOTHER ENDS UP INA TWO DOLLAR WHOREHOUSE !!!"
:lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Does 7 Samurai count seeing as the Magnificent 7 was a straight rip off?

Wild Bunch and Unforgiven for me.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Eastwood's best is easily Pale Rider. When I first saw that film I thought it was amazing and watched it about ten times over the following 6 months.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Perry Milkins said:
Easy wrong forum mate.. I presume this post was meant for the Palarse message board wasn't it.
I don't post on there any more. I'm not entirely convinced many of them can read.

Trufflehound said:
Star Wars Episode IV is also a remake of a Kurosawa film (The Hidden Fortress), but most people on here seem to have no problem worshipping that.

I wouldn't go anywhere near as far as that - inspired yes, but remake, no way. Star Wars was a homage to many films.

The main "lift" from Hidden Fortress is of the two main peasant characters - basically C3PO and R2D2.

Oh, and OUATITW.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Life After Bobby said:
I wouldn't go anywhere near as far as that - inspired yes, but remake, no way. Star Wars was a homage to many films.

The main "lift" from Hidden Fortress is of the two main peasant characters - basically C3PO and R2D2.

Oh, and OUATITW.

Plus the basic storyline: reluctant hero (Han Solo) goes to land far far away to rescue bolshy princess.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
Perry Milkins said:
Any western without the magical Jimmy Stewart is sadly lacking.

Who can ever forget his performances in Destry, Shenendoah and Liberty Valance.

Generally speaking, any FILM without Jimmy Stewart is sadly lacking...

But anyway, on the subject of westerns, best quote from any western ever has to be Clint Eastwood in A Fistful of Dollars as he passes the undertakers:
"Get three coffins ready." Then passing back again after shooting bad guys:
"My mistake. Four coffins."

Funniest line ever was Mickey Dolenz in a western episode of the Monkees:
"Wanna see my quick draw?" Then two seconds later having not moved a muscle:
"Wanna see it again?"

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Jimmy Stewart. Dear god, an actor (if you could can call him that) who is second only in the all time shit actor stakes after Cary Grant. Rubbish.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
Les Biehn said:
Jimmy Stewart. Dear god, an actor (if you could can call him that) who is second only in the all time shit actor stakes after Cary Grant. Rubbish.

Whadya mean? Cary Grant is second ONLY to Perry Milkins, I mean Jim Finlayson, in the mastery of the double-take... ;)

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
There is a scene in North by Northwest where Grant is supposed to be drunk in charge of an out of control car and I swear he thinks its some sort of gurning competition. Funny but shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here