Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats more important to you Result or entertainment

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Behave! You saw the second half same as I did. No way were we 'in complete control of the game'. Second half comprised mainly of not very good hoofs to the sickly youth up front.

No I didn't. I saw Murphy and Wilson run WITH the ball only to be frustrated by their defence or not pick out the pass at the right moment (when Sidwell was free).
There was no hoof ball. At any time.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You can not defend Mr Hark as he doesn't like sitting back and controlling the game. If you choose to defend him, you will surely let a comment past you which will see a flood of other comments going past you and before long you will have lost the argument and have no way of coming back with a retort.

We lost all shape and composure in the second half at 2-0 up. At 2-1 it would only have got worse. Much worse. Try watching what your'e seeing. Sake!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'd vote for result on the basis that much of the entertainment on matchdays is banter with friends and calling the ref a tw*t.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Result comes first always , but it is nice to be entertained , no point playing entertaining football and losing . Under Oscar Garcia team most of the home games were dreary , but he got away with it because we won most of these games .

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We lost all shape and composure in the second half at 2-0 up. At 2-1 it would only have got worse. Much worse. Try watching what your'e seeing. Sake!

Assuming that Zamora was injured or exhausted and needed taking off at half time then
a) what subs would you have made at half time
b) and what formation would you have played.
c) what other subs would you have made and when

that would have ensured a 4-0, 5-0 etc etc

(given the existing bench that Hughton had to play with)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Tough call. Is it a cop-out to suggest that a side that plays good football and entertains usually gets good results?
Otherwise I'm firmly in the entertainment camp as long as the result doesn't matter but in our current position all I care about is the points.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
You missed all the hopeful punts upfield to the sickly kid then? ???

Okay, I'll bite the trail you have left above and repeated at posts #55 #62 #71 and #75 also.
Houghton has breached H&S rules by making someone go to work who was poorly or unwell? "sickly kid" in your words

On what professional evidence do you have it that Wilson was ill - or is this just another of your opinions we are asked to believe?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm sure we've had threads like this before where the majority (under Gus) enjoyed the football but because it gave us results.
I want to be entertained. Some of Knock what's his name moves are worth the admission fee alone. More of that.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

I must congratulate you, a minority of almost one but you wont accept the prevailing view, well done, it must be difficult being right all the time,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here