Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What were you doing when ..A )Princess Diana died B) The Twin Towers were attacked

D

Deleted User X18H

A) Sorting out some treacle down Westbourne Villas.
B) On the 2nd Gallery Lloyds Of London rushing for the escalator with everyone else.
C) At school I think.
D) Buckingham Road Hospital Brighton.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A Turned on Sunday breakfast news, and stunned by the news.
B Turned on tv about 2.30, whilst at home on holiday from work, and saw the live film from NYC. At that stage both towers were still standing, and no one realised they would topple or that it was definitely terrorism. Called my wife at her work, who was busy and didn't listen properly, dismissing it as a minor incident. (My parents at that moment were in a US Navy museum in Boston harbour, and were ushered out with everyone else in a security lockdown).
C Falklands - that was a year too early for breakfast TV and years before radio5, so it must have been on waking up from radio 1 or 4.
D They are so insignificant I cannot recall, but the drought is so funny.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Summer 1996 must have been vintage for shagging by NSCers, going by the answers to A.

It was 1997.

A) I had got a job at Woolworths in Portslade that summer between leaving school and starting college. My Dad told me as I was leaving for work. TBH I was more concerned with the time and half I was getting for working that sunday, a whooping 3 pound and 78p an hour.

B) Watched events unfold watching BBC News at home. Remember going to the Southampton match in the evening. Rory Delap came across to the south stand to take a throw-in, it was deathly silent except for my younger brother annoyingly yelling "RORY, RORY, RORY" at the top of his lungs. Bobby had an early goal disallowed which would have made a game of it. Southampton won 3 nil was impressed with Beattie, Svensson, and Lundekvam.

C) Was less than a year old.

D) Man had just invented fire.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
A iasleep in the spare room. Woken up by the missus with the news and she was not impressed by my "so"
B at home with the TV on (I was between jobs)
C at Uni so most likely drunk or asleep
D how on earth am I supposed to remember that far back?

el punal

A) In bed, asleep. Remember being mightily miffed that the morning Saturday shows were cancelled so they could talk about her endlessly.
B) Off school with a dodgy gut so watched it all unfold without fully comprehending how much it would be the background to much of the next decade.
C) Busy being all non-existent
D) When who did what?

Did'nt she die early Sunday morning? (Diana I mean)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
a) Drunk (no surprise there) at home in Rustington as the news came on to say she had been 'injured'. I had Sky even back then and they were by far the quickest with the news.
b) At mums, feeling a little worried about a friends husband who was in the FDNY, I even managed to phone through to NYS to ask if he was ok!
c) Don't remember, but do remember when they took South Georgia, prequel to the Falklands. But no idea where I was, probably watching the news at home.
d) I was to busy using my nappy's as a toilet I think.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Answer to a) That Saturday we had been to a wedding and on the Sunday had a houseful of people who had stayed over after the wedding. Switched on TV and were stunned to hear the news.

b) Was on holiday in New Orleans, doing a house swap. We were going out for the day when the local neighbours told us the news. We were glued to TV after that. In the evening we strolled into the city centre and military planes roared in overhead. It was the president arriving to a temporary safe zone.

Both amazing incidents. C to far back to remember and D couldn't care less.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Re: What were you doing when A )Princess Diana died B) The Twin Towers were attacked

A) making three consecutive static line jumps alongside the Parachute regiment on Salisbury Plain.

B) On a boat off Cyprus.

C) On a selection course at RAF Biggin Hill

D) Don't care

Last edited:

A. In bed, Daughter came home from clubbing and woke us up with the "news"
B. At work trying to get hold of a customer in the South Tower.
C. Can't remember, but the task force set sail on my birthday.
D. Dunno.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
A. has stayed over at my Nans house and she woke me up about 10, i thought she said bruce forsythe had died, rolled over and went back to sleep. then when I did get up being annoyed that all the TV was showing was stuff about Diana.
B. Remember leaving school and my Mum telling me, then watching it at home,thinking we were going to go to war and would i be called up (I was 16 at the time). then went to the Albion game in the evening, very, very odd.
C. wasn't born.
D. LOL.

There seems to be a lot of sleeping,hangovers and masturbating / screwing at these historic junctures...what does that say about NSC members?

That my suspicion that we are a bunch of lazy, boozed up sexual deviants was correct.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
A) Sleeping - it was my 12th birthday and that's what I woke up to. The roller-disco I was supposed to be going to got cancelled :(

B) working in Birmingham uninstalling a bowling alley, got back to the hotel to see the carnage on the little tv.

C) before I was born? So swimming around in my papa's nutsicles

D) haha things like that don't tend to stick in the mind

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here