Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What were you doing when ..A )Princess Diana died B) The Twin Towers were attacked

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The only one I can clearly remember is B).

I was in an A/S Level Sociology class at what is now Sussex Downs College, one of the other students was late because she'd been watching the coverage and she described it as "America has been blown up".

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
A) playing football at Wild Park
B) playing pool in the Hare and Hounds on London Road
C) no idea
D) history isn't my strongest subject

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
a) asleep - found out in the morning
b) at work in central london
c) at school -
d) can't remember

(a) Watching late night telly after an intoxicated night out in Brighton, wondering what had happened to the scheduled programmes;

(b) In a bar in Tuscany, translating the Italian TV coverage into English for the benefit of a group of American tourists who weren't very happy - particularly since the Italian news presenters didn't seem to have much of a clue about what had happened or why;

(c) At my dad's funeral, feeling slightly grateful that he wouldn't have to worry about whether my naval-officer brother would be sent off to war (as it happened, he was given command of a ship in the Fisheries Protection service, and got posted to Scotland);

(d) Wasn't this last night? or last Saturday? or last week? or a month ago? Surely not ... you're having a laugh, aren't you?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
A) When she died... getting my end away. Woke up with a hnagover to the news the next morning
B) In my office in Pearson Poland in Warsaw. Big open office and only two people, me and another were actually live online when the story started breaking
C) I really cant remember although I can remember exactly where I was when I heard John Lennon was shot.... priorities of a teenager
D) Who the hell cares?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
In a car being driven from one end of the country to the other; walking home from school (they decided not to tell us...), before I was born; and may as well have been before I was born because I can't remember.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
When Princess Diana died, I was a cab driver. I had an early morning pick up at Heathrow, so Mum brought me a cup of tea, as was her habit when I had an early start, and she told me the. Was. It was in the days before places like Heathrow bad Sky News. My passengers were a very quiet couple, who hardly spoke to me, so I decided to let them hear the news for themselves. With 9/11, I had not yet got a job after university, and had spent the afternoon at Snowhill Garden Centre. I saw an American Airlines plane cmi g in to Gatwick and thought it a little odd, as I knew the American flights landed early. Even so, I went home thinking nothing of it, then turned the computer on. The next thing was to find the Internet full of it and then the awful news about Robert Eaton.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
A) In car with parents who were driving family to Blackpool for a couple days. Think to see illuminations etc.
B) In cinema saying goodbye to my mates before leaving to start uni the next day. Pretty much a year of sociology etc. linked to the events.
C) I was born January 1983 so think I was a baby?? Don't know exact dates?
D) So long ago can't remember, probably at a Brighton game!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
a - sleeping b - working c - way too long ago to remember d - who? :ffsparr:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
a) Sleeping,
b) Hiding up at work, having a crafty ciggie,
c) Bunking off school,
d) Haven't they scored for a while???..I thought Murray was a scoring machine.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Pitching a roof in Eastbourne when the Twin Towers was announced on the radio, watching the news in Germany when the death of Di was announced

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
A sleeping
B on my way to Brighton to photograph the Saints game (although spent most of it on the phone to my son and my mum because her partners son worked in one of the towers and she was trying to find out about them...they took a sick day did not go in.
C errrrr....
D errrrrrrrrrrrrr..........

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
There seems to be a lot of sleeping,hangovers and masturbating / screwing at these historic junctures...what does that say about NSC members?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here