Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What were you doing when ..A )Princess Diana died B) The Twin Towers were attacked

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
C) Argentina invaded the Falklands D) Crystal Palace last scored a goal ?

For me -

A. Asleep in a hotel bed in Hamburg.

B. Travelling to Jersey airport.

C. School, at a guess.

D. Google me, I can't remember that far back!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Do you also tell Jews you meet that if they hadn't been so interested in pawnbroking and left wing politics that they might, just might, have avoided being chucked into gas chambers?

You sound like quite an objectionable human being.

I do not have a lot of sympathy for people who are persecuted for their religious beliefs. Religion is a choice - if it's likely to get you into trouble don't flaunt it. If you're disabled or have the wrong colour skin you can't change it, but religion you can drop. ignore, or change, and no one knows any difference. If you've got a long nose and therefore in some peoples' minds you look jewish you can always say you're an arab - they also have long noses.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
in bed asleep

at work, fretting over colleagues working in the Twin Towers

Cant remember where I was ...but I do remember the bloke who read out the daily war report

Its so long ago that I cant fathom this one

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I do not have a lot of sympathy for people who are persecuted for their religious beliefs. Religion is a choice - if it's likely to get you into trouble don't flaunt it. If you're disabled or have the wrong colour skin you can't change it, but religion you can drop. ignore, or change, and no one knows any difference. If you've got a long nose and therefore in some peoples' minds you look jewish you can always say you're an arab - they also have long noses.

Er..OK.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
A) Just woke up, turned the telly on over my breakfast and thought they were referring to the Queen at first. When I found it was Diana I wondered what all the fuss was about and still do to this day. Sad but the biggest over reaction this country has ever seen..

I would've agreed with you if it wasn't for the last week of Thatcher related fun. Can't go more than 5 minutes without someone proclaiming her virtues/flaws with alarming frothy-mouthed passion.

That said, Diana somehow still gets on the front page from time to time...hmmm.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
A. Shagging some bird at butlins in Bognor.
B. Just woke up having arrived back in blighty that morning following 6 months working in Kavos Corfu.
C & D. Can't remember too long ago!

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
What were you doing when ..A )Princess Diana died B) The Twin Towers were

A on my paper round I saw in papers that there was the crash and dodi had died then when I got home switched on soccer am to see a news ticker at bottom saying she had died

B on way home from college, turned in TV when home just after the 2nd plane hit the towers

C I was in my mums womb

D at home watching soccer Saturday

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
a. Up early, had a bloody awful hangover and turned on Sky News whilst making a cuppa and that was that.
b. On an International Course at Cranfield University with Saudis, Jordanians, Americans, etc interesting to see such a mixture of reactions and emotions.... if there was ever the right moment for the term awkward!
c. Preparing to go
d. Can't get memory back that far.

Southstandfaithful

Oct 22, 2010
H Heath
a) was in Greece on holiday
b) was in Vietnam on holiday - watch the attack on TV but thought it was a disaster movie until i realised it was on Channel CNN
C) was at school
d) no idea only had any interest after the 3:0 drubbing at the Amex

Nuneatonseagull

Aug 9, 2011
Nuneaton
What were you doing when ..A )Princess Diana died B) The Twin Towers were

A. I was waiting at the paper shop getting ready to do my paper round wondering why the papers were late getting delivered!

B. I was stagging on exercise in Oman, my mate came up to my firing trench and told me a cloudy version of what happened and to keep an eye out! I spent the the last 40mins of my stag looking out over desert wondering if the *******s would have the cheek to try and pick off any of the British forces in the Middle East at that time.

C. I had just been conceived, so I was probably buzzing off the adrenaline my mum was giving me!

D. Jump around if you hate Palace!

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
A - "pleasuring" my Wife one Sunday morning
B - At work in Crawley
C - Asleep in bed,although me and my best mate went off to volunteer for the TA so we could give those Argies a jolly good thrashing
D - Don't understand the question.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
A) Sleeping, my Mum woke me up to tell me;
B) Wrapping up work for the day at NatWest, drove home and got back just before the second tower fell;
C) I wasn't born
D) Also not born

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
A) First up in my household. I was ready to watch some kids tv when I was rudely interupted by NEWS (which no kid wants aged 9). However, I went cold hearing it and ran upstairs to wake up my parents and tell them.

B) Got back from school (now seems mad that we didn't have mobile phones going mental on the bus with all the news), turned on the TV and stood there for about an hour watching. The pathetic thing is, I didn't even recognise the buildings. It was only after my brother pointed them out in an episode of Friends that I did. My mum also stood the whole time in shock. I think she said she'd been to the top of the building so just couldn't imagine what was going through the heads of the people forced to jump. When I watched the second plane hit I finally sat down (it must have been shock). We had a game that evening didn't we? Pretty sure it was a Tuesday.

3) Wasn't born
4) Don't Know.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Was living in the US for both but two kind of bizarre places given the events

Diana - In a Comedy Club in LA with 2 other Brit couples visiting. Got a text from babysitter to call and I went out and she told me ... when I came back in I couldn't tell anyone until the show finished (it was a brilliant show!)

Twin Towers - In Vegas. Woke up and turned on Tele and there it was, surreal. The big hotels on the strip were eerily quiet for about 3 hours apart from a mass stampede to the exits. Not a rental car was to be had in the entire city within an hour and everyone else was totally stranded. Then it was if nothing had happened and all the punters went back to the tables etc ... weird

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
A) Watching Dennis the Menace, remember getting pissed off at my mum because she was crying and I couldn't hear the Tele.
B) Walking home from school, my friend told md the whole of America was on fire! ???
C) Wasn't alive
D) See above :moo:

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
A: Sleeping
B: At work in London
C: At school
D: Can't remember, probably turning up the volume on the remote to drown out the sound from the bathroom.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here