Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What were you doing when ..A )Princess Diana died B) The Twin Towers were attacked

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
1) lying in bed drunk thinking my Sunday league performance would be worse than normal
2) going to an out patient appointment following pneumonia
3) on a school trip to Dieppe
4) inventing the wheel

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
a) Having a joyride round Paris in a white Fiat Uno.

b) Shorting a lot of companies on the stockmarket.

forrest

Aug 11, 2010
haywards heath
A) Was camping with the lads. My cousin came into my tent and said Di was dead. i told him to stop pissing about and let me sleep my hangover off.
B) I was hard at work at Sainsburys. Just remember that second plane going into the tower as we watch it unfold on TV while having lunch. Was a wtf moment, did I just see that? Indeed was a strange feeling at the Southampton cup game that night.
C) I was at school when the Falklands were invaded.
D) Need to study accient history I think to find the answer to this one!

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
C) Argentina invaded the Falklands D) Crystal Palace last scored a goal ?

For me -

A) laying in bed listening to the radio coverage of Greg Rudeski failing to become the first British man to win an Open since Fred Perry
B) going to work , getting excited at the prospect on the evening kick off at Withdean for Cup game vs Saints
C) washing up breakfast in a Youth Hostel in Darwin, Australia
D) can't remember - my memory is not that good.

You can tell this isn't a Premier League forum.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
A) In bed asleep
B) In the office
C) In bed I think
D) No idea it was too long ago to remember

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
A. Was told by a passer by while I was humping my ex Mrs in the swimming pool in Dominican Republic while on honeymoon.
B. At Royal Air Force High Wycombe
C. Basic Training at RAF Swinderby.
D. Can' remember but given how long it has been I find it hilarious.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
A. Taking photographs in a Parisian underpass
B. hiding in a cave in Afhanistan
C. Sitting on a submarine off South Georgia
D. On the grassy knoll.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
A) In bed, asleep. Remember being mightily miffed that the morning Saturday shows were cancelled so they could talk about her endlessly.
B) Off school with a dodgy gut so watched it all unfold without fully comprehending how much it would be the background to much of the next decade.
C) Busy being all non-existent
D) When who did what?

For A) it was a Sunday morning. I remember it well because it was the day my brother celebrated his 50th Birthday. The first time I heard it, I can remember thinking how sad and feeling quite upset. It didn't take long before I was getting annoyed about the blanket coverage and wondering if there was any other news going on in the world.
B) Just come home from a meeting and actually watched the pictures live (I think) of the second plane going in. From then was absolutely transfixed with horror standing in front of the television in the kitchen.
C) being a proud new dad - Our daughter, born in Feb 1982 had some of her teddies named after members of the Argentinian military Junta, mainly because her grandfather bought her a toy lamb in a Church sale, which became Lami Dozo, named after the head of the Argentine Navy, so one of the others became General Galtieri. I was also a manager in the Southern gas area office in Bournemouth at the time, and soon realised that a lot of the girls working for me had husbands who were marines in Hamworthy, Poole, and who were fairly soon shipping off to the South Atlantic. Although I was very sceptical about the war, thinking we should have avoided them invading in the first place, you see things differently if you know people who are involved.
D) When did they last score? I really couldn't care less.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
What were you doing when ..A )Princess Diana died B) The Twin Towers were

A - Driving home from a shift on a bar job I had at the time.
B - At work listening to 5-live with everyone else in the office.
C - I was only about 6 at the time so don't remember.
D - No idea, but I think the match report is in The Book of Genesis somewhere.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Joking aside, my answer to D is actually: at a freezing cold Reebok stadium watching Ashley Barnes get sent off for the 2nd time in 2 games. It was that long ago that he has now served his 7 match ban!!!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
A) Just woke up, turned the telly on over my breakfast and thought they were referring to the Queen at first. When I found it was Diana I wondered what all the fuss was about and still do to this day. Sad but the biggest over reaction this country has ever seen.
B) Was off work sick so in bed watching TV when it came on the news. Watched the reports in stunned silence for the rest of the day.
C) Don't know as only just born.
D) Reading that Glen Murray had just been offered a new contract.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
a. At home watching Penny Smith on GMTV announce what had happened
b. At work in Eastbourne, mowing grass
c. I was 12, so probably at school or playing football in the park, Wembley 3 and in
d. I don't understand the question.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
a. at home watching the tellybox
b. at work in brum, listening to it on the radio.
c. sailing to the south atlantic to 'get the barstewards'
d. memory fails me.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

A. Probably playing with toys
B. standing outside primary school with all of the parents going 'have you heard...'
C. In my dad's balls
D. Sorry, my memory cannot stretch that far back.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
A) Sitting in my garden enjoying the nice summer weather. It happened at night, but I guess we hadn't heard the news until midday on the Sunday when my son came running into the garden with the news. My wife immediately went indoors and spent the rest of the day in front of the TV. Once I had established what had happened (which took maybe 5 minutes) I went back outside and continued with my day.

B) Driving to work in Chicago. I had packed for a flight to Hawaii that evening to attend a meeting. Watched events unfold when I reached the office. Pissed off that my trip to Hawaii was cancelled. Suggested to my American colleagues that they should carefully consider why this atrocity had been directed at America and Americans. Maybe, just maybe if a) they stopped interfering in other countries' internal affairs, and b) reviewed their unwavering support of Israel at the expense of Palestine, this might not have happened. Received some abuse from some, but others completely agreed.

C) Was living in Atlanta. Cannot remember any details of what I was doing.

D) Why should I care?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
B) Driving to work in Chicago. I had packed for a flight to Hawaii that evening to attend a meeting. Watched events unfold when I reached the office. Pissed off that my trip to Hawaii was cancelled. Suggested to my American colleagues that they should carefully consider why this atrocity had been directed at America and Americans. Maybe, just maybe if a) they stopped interfering in other countries' internal affairs, and b) reviewed their unwavering support of Israel at the expense of Palestine, this might not have happened. Received some abuse from some, but others completely agreed.

Do you also tell Jews you meet that if they hadn't been so interested in pawnbroking and left wing politics that they might, just might, have avoided being chucked into gas chambers?

You sound like quite an objectionable human being.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
a) When was this ? Was there a state funeral ?

b) Been doing some painting and decorating.Sat down for a cuppa. Turned on the news and thought I was seeing a trailer for a new film. Dire stuff.

c) Sitting at home thinking " shambles of a government has caused this through pennypinching foreign policy."

d) Ah ! The hard question last. Any clues ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here