What was your first Albion away game?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Sheff Utd, 200..4?

We won 2-1 in stoppage time with a goal from Leon Knight on the counter. Richard Carpenter had given us the lead before a Kerry Mayo own goal

jemwillett

Feb 17, 2012
Burgess Hill
Selhurst Park, Nov 1976, Palace v Brighton, FA CUP 1st Round. 1-1 Anyone else remember that one. :)

I got lost at the end. A policeman helped me find my Dad. Don't remember too much else apart from driving up the A23 in the car after school. And it being v.dark. And it being the most exciting thing ever.

Mine too. It was great. I thought it was 2 all but maybe that was the first game.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Mine was Northampton in 2009 ish? (I think we lost. Any statos out there could find the match?) Was not only my first away game, but my first Albion game too. Didn't really know what was going on, but loved the oooooooooooo, your shit ahhhhh, from the goal kicks.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Southend 1987/88. 87 end I would think. We lost in bright sunshine and stood in an uncovered terrace behind the goal. It "went off" in the corner and I went by Costa Express. I liked it so much I started saving enough for the next one at Walsall. The only change I made was that I went by train.

Dandyman

In London village.
Palace, May 1978.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It was Reading funnily enough. They won the league that day and their was a massive pitch invasion at the end. We had a few thousand up there though.

At the old ground I presume? There were about 11,000 there and a good 3000 of them were Brighton I reckon. My mate was living in Reading at the time so I went up for the weekend. So what we did was go in to London on the Friday for some drum n bass, get back to Reading about 8am and get to the pub for opening time. I don't remember the game, just the pitch invasion. Odd that.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Additional question, how old were you when you went to your first away game?

None of my family were ever into football, so I was a relatively late starter being 15 when I took the train up to Selhurst with my mate.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Notts County 1984.
won two one with a Hans Kraay last minute winner.
Alan Young was playing for them and came over to us at the end and shook all our hands and said that he had never wanted to leave the Albion.
Top Bloke

1985. Twas a Sunday match for some reason.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Second division at Manchester City we lost 2-0 1983/84 season, I am pretty sure that result killed off any faint hope of a late promotion push by us to go straight back up.

1984/85, although Brighton did go on a run after that and it was still mathematically possible on the final day.

Mar 26, 2008
Eastbourne
20 Aug 1977 Southampton v Brighton and Hove Albion 1-1 League Division Two

I remember there were 3 debuts including Sayer and Ruggerio and that there were people being led out in front of us by police for what seemed the whole game.

bha25

IN GUS WE TRUST !
Jan 9, 2010
Copthorne
Macclesfield away, in like 2001 0-0 draw, got on the pitch at half time to do a pen shoot out I was in goal down the home end and got abused! awwww the memories hahaaaa

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports