Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was your first Albion away game?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Watford...23rd March 1968. As others have said we just went off with mates...only ever went once with my dad as a child and that was a Boxing Day treat.

As for the match all I can remember is the "Macaulay out" chants and fans from London clubs there which caused lots of trouble. I think Brighton fans had got into the ground overnight and painted the goalposts blue.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Early 90's Plymouth away it was during the Christmas/new year period. Kurt Nogan scored for us that day and I think it was a 1-1 draw.

Funny thing is Plymouth was also the first game I saw at the Goldstone as well.

New Years Day 94 ? Drove down

albionite

May 20, 2009
West Ham think it was 89 lost 3-1 after going 1-0 up Steve Gatting scored unless my memory is all wrong.

Feb 14, 2010
West Ham think it was 89 lost 3-1 after going 1-0 up Steve Gatting scored unless my memory is all wrong.

I was at West Ham away when Gatting scored an own goal from about 30 yards. We lost 3-1 or 2-1 that day. We were 1-0 up, Gatting lobbed Keeley from 30 yards for 1-1 and Julian Dicks deflection and that was the end of it. Small scored for us/

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Liverpool FA Cup run 83. Will never forget the penalty against us that they missed, and we watched the ball fly into the Cop in slow motion.

Also got a brick thrown through the coach window as a send off gesture as well :lolol:

albionite

May 20, 2009
I was at West Ham away when Gatting scored an own goal from about 30 yards. We lost 3-1 or 2-1 that day. We were 1-0 up, Gatting lobbed Keeley from 30 yards for 1-1 and Julian Dicks deflection and that was the end of it. Small scored for us/

Must of been a different game still had Nelson and Bremner up front. Getting old all the games seem to mold into one.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
2-2 vs Liverpool. FA Cup 1991.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Aldershot. FA Cup 3rd. round, 1967. 0-0

I remember rhat one! Dank and deary day stood in a corrugated tin shed and the football was dire........ all in all a proper awayday :lolol:

First awayday I can recall for sure was Leyton Orient in the early 60's although I can't remember the score for certain - a 0-1 defeat rings a vague bell
We lived in London then and got to most of the games against rhe likes of Leyton, Brentford etc

steve-c

derby league cup replay early seventies the old baseball ground, we went on the old seagull special and i slept in the luggage rack on the way home, dad made me promise not to tell mum, lol

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Charlton away. 1991? At Selhurst Park whilst the valley was being redeveloped. We won 2-1 or 3-1, can't quite remember. Great day out though. It was the Small/Gall/Codner era if I remember correctly.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Early 80s, no idea which division, but between Man City (lost 4-0) West Ham (drew 1-1 Gerry Ryan gave us the lead) or Fulham (no idea what the result was).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here