What was the first game and the first computer you ever played on?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Computers where more exciting in the old days. I went the commodore route.

Vic 20 then Commodore 64
First games I remember playing where Duck Shoot on the Vic 20.

Every Saturday we used to get the bus to Brighton and visit a computer shop called Gamer. Does anyone remember this shop? When you walked in everyone used to gather around the commodore Amiga 500. Everyone was blown away by the juggler demo

A few years later, and after getting my first job, I managed to save my money and get the Amiga 600. It was brilliant.

I miss those days.

Aah Gamer, down by The Cannon cinema. I worked there when I was on the YTS scheme. It was brilliant just sitting there playing computer games all day!!!

cammac

Nov 12, 2011
Eastbourne
Monster maze, ZX81+16k Ram pk, waiting 15 minutes for the tape recorder to load the game just to find out the tone was to low REWIND start again...

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Can't remember [MENTION=307]Biscuit[/MENTION] may know, All I remember is the games were all on floppy disks and it was almost keyboard shaped.

It was from an Amegia 64! It would have been either 'Monkey Island' or 'Prince or Persia'. Both absolute classics!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
There is no such thing as an Amiga 64. There was a Commodore 64 which predated the original Amiga.

My first game was Microsoft Olympics on the Apple IIe

Our was deffo an Amiga so I guess it was the Amega 500?

commodore-amiga-500-300x195.jpg

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Mine was circa 84/5 and a game called Raid over moscow *so politically correct back in the day* ... had it on the spectrum ZX and then boughtthe same game on the C64 sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh happy days :thumbsup:
Good game that.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Dose anyone remember a game called 'Trolley Wally' for the C64......that game was amazing, I never even got close to completing it.

[yt]DBYjZTdrJlA[/yt]

Last edited:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
space invaders on zx81. Shoooting letters at other letters and numbers. I still have it but the 16k ram pack has gone!

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
Mine was the C64...still have it complete with tape deck, joystick and loads of games....inc..'beachhead'...hunchback'....'international soccer'...'ghostbusters' to name a few.

I tried to sell it as a job lot at a car boot sale, but no luck. So it's back in the loft.....(iwas asking 20quid)

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
The very first game I played on a computer was my friend's ZX81. I don't remember what the game was.

My first computer was a Vic 20 and the first game I bought for it was the MASSIVELY underwhelming 'Wacky Waiters'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJY3uYpszXk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports