Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was the first game and the first computer you ever played on?

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
This was the first one I remember playing on at all.

[yt]MhXMYw1lXY0[/yt]

My first computer was a Spectrum + and this was the first game I had

[yt]H6uOekgXUho[/yt]

There were a bouple of threads that mentioned football games earlier. This was my favourite.

[yt]CMmTm3-wyzQ[/yt]

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
I remember playing a game called 'Odd Job Eddie' on the Spectrum I got for xmas when I was a kid.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Commodore 64 and a game called The Double

[yt]q1_M6bQpsME[/yt]

that game was superb!

you had to start in div 3 and then only get offered the job of the team that finished 3 places higher than you,so getting brighton could take years

seem to recall newport county being the ultimate challenge,on gates of around 1500 and shit players to boot

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
that game was superb!

you had to start in div 3 and then only get offered the job of the team that finished 3 places higher than you,so getting brighton could take years

seem to recall newport county being the ultimate challenge,on gates of around 1500 and shit players to boot

I loved that game. Also there was an international management game made by the same people called "Tracksuit Manager" which was good as well.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Probably Pong, followed by Space Invaders and Asteroids at uni. Computer-wise, most likely a horrible old Amstrad.

Discovered the joys of Apple in about 1991 :love:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
tennis (a big blob hitting a smaller blob to another big blob) then Break Out (where you had to knock down a wall - more blobs moving left and right)

Fergus96

Oct 20, 2004
Hove
I can't remember my first console or game, but the one game that always sticks in my mind was Kick Off 2 by Dino Dini, a superb game I can remember spending hours playing my mates on tha Atari 520ST or on their Amiga's which I didn't like as much

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Breakout on the ZX80. 1k of memory or an extra 3k with a ram pack!!!

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
First PC game I ever played was Command And Conquer when I was around 8. I remember completing my first game, Super Mario Land 2 on the Gameboy, whilst standing in the playground at first school at 5 years old. Champion.

250px-Super_Mario_Land_2_box_art.jpg

Josimojo

Aug 4, 2011
I believe it was an F1 game on the ZX Spectrum, though it was my dad's so I consider Sonic the Hedgehog a truer answer!

up, down, left, right, start.

Josimojo

Aug 4, 2011
Saying that, I also remember a chess game on an Atari that took floppy discs, where the chess pieces walked around and attacked each other!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Mine was on the Vic 20(?) and it was an aeroplane flying over buildings and you hit the space bar to drop bombs .... I think!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here