Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was the first game and the first computer you ever played on?

Sep 1, 2010
[MENTION=19765]Sompting_Seagull[/MENTION] I do not remember that one athough i thought The Double was good so probably never bothered looking for another, rather sadly i am STILL gutted they do not do LMA manager for PS3

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Can't remember [MENTION=307]Biscuit[/MENTION] may know, All I remember is the games were all on floppy disks and it was almost keyboard shaped.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
This was mine, My grandparents bought me this for Xmas 1979 when i was 11 !!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I seem to recall a game called " Dogfight " on my friends Atari 400XL circa 1981

Is that the one where two oblongs at right angles representing a plane of one colour moved from left to right across the screen and did battle with two oblongs at right angles representing a plane of another colour, while sometimes moving behind a white oblong representing a cloud? If so, then that's the one I was about to post. Oh and it somehow got routed via a cassette player type thing onto the telly after a load time of about 20 minutes, if memory serves :lol:

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Is that the one where two oblongs at right angles representing a plane of one colour moved from left to right across the screen and did battle with two oblongs at right angles representing a plane of another colour, while sometimes moving behind a white oblong representing a cloud? If so, then that's the one I was about to post. Oh and it somehow got routed via a cassette player type thing onto the telly after a load time of about 20 minutes, if memory serves :lol:
That's the one! I remember it being cutting edge at the time. Mind you, I thought " scramble " on the ZX81 was pretty good too and that only consisted of the letter O ( spaceship ) dropping the letter b ( bombs ) on the letter S (enemy targets) :)

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
Speccie 48k, Manic Miner, Jet Set Willy, & Lords of Midnight - quality Fantasy Game on a 48k machine!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
If we're talking actual computers rather than consoles then probably 'Twin Kingdom Valley' on an Acorn Electron (not counting the couple of games that came on the demo tape). Other than that it would be one of the tennis or lightgun variants on a Binatone console I got for my birthday in 1980.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here