Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was the first game and the first computer you ever played on?

Sep 1, 2010
that game was superb!

you had to start in div 3 and then only get offered the job of the team that finished 3 places higher than you,so getting brighton could take years

seem to recall newport county being the ultimate challenge,on gates of around 1500 and shit players to boot

Wow, yeah i remember Newport County being a pain in the arse. After all these yrs it still stays with me that game. .............Inc the Screeching casette tape to load the game.

It was certainly the beginning of Football Management games

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Spectrum ZX and a horse racing betting game called Derby Day. 1984 I think.

D

Deleted member 22389

Computers where more exciting in the old days. I went the commodore route.

Vic 20 then Commodore 64
First games I remember playing where Duck Shoot on the Vic 20.

Every Saturday we used to get the bus to Brighton and visit a computer shop called Gamer. Does anyone remember this shop? When you walked in everyone used to gather around the commodore Amiga 500. Everyone was blown away by the juggler demo

A few years later, and after getting my first job, I managed to save my money and get the Amiga 600. It was brilliant.

I miss those days.

Last edited by a moderator:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I'm not sure exactly what the first would have been, but we had an Amiga 500+ (with a second floppy drive!) and some family friends who worked for Microprose, so a ton of their games would periodically show up at our house. There were some classics there - Railroad Tycoon, Gunship 2000, Grand Prix 2. Marvellous scenes.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Something on the Amstrad 6128, not entirely sure which was the very first game, it would have been one of:

Arkanoid.png

Arkanoid

Gauntlet%202_3.png

barbarian_2_screenshot.jpg

D

Deleted User X18H

There were a bouple of threads that mentioned football games earlier. This was my favourite.

[yt]CMmTm3-wyzQ[/yt][/QUOTE]

I remember feigning a headache a turning down a nailed on shag from a particularly buxom wench during sixth form summer hols, just because I had players with 'i' next to their name on FD plus I was in the promotion places. FD 2 in about 1989 was even better.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Wow, yeah i remember Newport County being a pain in the arse. After all these yrs it still stays with me that game. .............Inc the Screeching casette tape to load the game.

It was certainly the beginning of Football Management games

do you know i never did do "the double" and i played that game for years!
the nearest i got was winning the league,but losing the cup final on pens!

my brother claims to have done it,but he had prevoius for saving and reloading before cup games

if my memory serves me right,the real shite players were on 160 quid a week
how times have changed!

Sep 1, 2010
do you know i never did do "the double" and i played that game for years!
the nearest i got was winning the league,but losing the cup final on pens!

my brother claims to have done it,but he had prevoius for saving and reloading before cup games

if my memory serves me right,the real shite players were on 160 quid a week
how times have changed!

£320 were the big guns I think. I do not remember doing it it other than I cheated once

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Hungry Horace - ZX81 or was ZX Sprectrum..i cant remember!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Pong for me too.. Also got a speccy later.. First games were a breakout game and chequered flag

Footywise Football Manager and Matchday were also early runners..

With the excellent Match of the day theme tune!!

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

That wasn't the first game I played, but it was one of the first - awesome memories! I think there were others in the series too - Treasure Island Dizzy was one I think.

The first game I played was one of the early football management games on the BBC at my Aunt & Uncle's place in the mid 80s.

Once I got my own computer (an Amiga), I was addicted to Sensible Soccer, The Settlers and Cannon Fodder!

happygull

Dec 28, 2011
Mine was circa 84/5 and a game called Raid over moscow *so politically correct back in the day* ... had it on the spectrum ZX and then boughtthe same game on the C64 sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh happy days :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here