Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What striker in on loan

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This may sound silly but think about it Darren Bent has played 18 times for Villa this season and is not picked but is out of contract at the end of the season. Get him on loan which puts him in the shop window and he plays games. We could even take him on a loan to buy for £10m if we get promoted if we dont nothing lost if we do offer him £5k a week which he wouldnt accept but we will have used him for the last couple of months.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
If we are taking this promotion malarkey seriously, we need to replace our multi million striker with another. So look at Championship teams who have probably given up on the playoffs this time around and would appreciate a loan fee and the excuse to blood other squad players. Which leads me to Jordan Rhodes or Charlie Austin.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If we are taking this promotion malarkey seriously, we need to replace our multi million striker with another. So look at Championship teams who have probably given up on the playoffs this time around and would appreciate a loan fee and the excuse to blood other squad players. Which leads me to Jordan Rhodes or Charlie Austin.

And there clubs will loan them out?..hmmm

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
This may sound silly but think about it Darren Bent has played 18 times for Villa this season and is not picked but is out of contract at the end of the season. Get him on loan which puts him in the shop window and he plays games. We could even take him on a loan to buy for £10m if we get promoted if we dont nothing lost if we do offer him £5k a week which he wouldnt accept but we will have used him for the last couple of months.

I would have thought loan to buy deals terms have to be agreed with the club and the player, otherwise surely someone would have pulled that trick before?

It's a nice idea but I'm guessing the lad is on the best part of £100k a week therefore miles out of our price range.

oleoleolevicente

Jan 16, 2013
I'm gonna give a small list: Adam Morgan,John Guidetti,Carlton Cole,Simeon Jackson,Nick Powell and Rory Donnelly. I'd say Morgan+Donnelly would be the easiest to get

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

You never know!

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove

have you smoked crack today?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think that as we post on here Gus is in communication with Zigor Arkarandes or whatever his name is in Spain about a striker who we will have never heard of as per the majority of the Spanish players we have already.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Jermaine Easter? You lent us Dobbie, we could return the favour!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here