Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What striker in on loan

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
What a poor choice. Maybe he's all that is available. OK I suppose for 3rd pick up front, but another Billy Paynter I fear.
He will be sharing striking duties with Ulloa,.... but yes, I hope he isnt a Paynter or Vokes lumbering duffer.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Bloody hope not.

Indeed although I am at a loss to think who we might get.

Interesting that the scottish dwarf at Notts Forest has said today that he is in the market for a loan striker. It will be interesting to see who attracts a "big" name and who ends up with a journeyman.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If we are going to pin our hopes on someone like Church, god help us. This is still in our own hands, we need proven talent not a wing and a prayer.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would be disappointed if it is Simon Church as he did nothing for Huddersfield but even he would be an improvement for 20 mins or so on Barker or Adgestein as an option if needed. I wouldnt be happy for Ulloa to be rested and him start though.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

Lets get someone who can't get in their own clubs starting line up, isn't match fit and is expected to come in and get us up into the prem, on a loan deal. Get real, funny how we miss cms the second he's out, Gus will have to be resourceful, i'm not sure we'll see anyone coming in, cms couldn't get a regular run, neither Barnes and Vicente well? We do have players and we do have alternative strategies, Mr Bloom will be expecting his manager to manage and i'm sure he will. We are not going to laon our way inot the prem!!

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Not read the thread but why not actually play Barnes there if Leo comes off? Win win in my opinion, keep him off the pitch and play a winger on the wing and he might actually offer something if played up front on his own! No need to splash the cash. Think it's unfair on Barnes to not give him that opportunity!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here