Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What striker in on loan

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
How has Fatty McUseless been doing?

Palace chum of mine said he's been ok but had a stinker on Friday?

Yeah, very up and down. I was at Derby on Friday and he was our worst player. Other games he's looked very good though, especially when coming off the bench. Nearly scored a rocket last night.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I would think that as we post on here Gus is in communication with Zigor Arkarandes or whatever his name is in Spain about a striker who we will have never heard of as per the majority of the Spanish players we have already.

Can't loan overseas players during the Emergency Loan Period.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Didnt Spurs work a fiddle wth Bobby Zamora by releasing him from his contract so that he became a free agent and could sign for, I think that it was West Ham.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Most likely in my opinion to be a striker at one of the recently promoted prem clubs.
Le fondre, mayuka, church, bothroyd, mackie, vaz te.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Didnt Spurs work a fiddle wth Bobby Zamora by releasing him from his contract so that he became a free agent and could sign for, I think that it was West Ham.

No. He was a "make weight" in the deal that took Defoe to Spurs ?

Effectively a free transfer on the condition Defoe went the other way.

It wasn't free it definitely below the threshold we would have received a sell on clause.

I also seem to recall that Defoe was subject to a sell on clause as well. Can't remember who.

Neither club did any wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised that prudently the eventual deal took into consideration the event of sell on clauses and how to minimise them. Which club wouldn't ?

Last edited:

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Most likely in my opinion to be a striker at one of the recently promoted prem clubs.
Le fondre, mayuka, church, bothroyd, mackie, vaz te.

Adam le Fondre? Premier League Player of the Month January 2013? Yeah, we'll take him! Bothroyd? Scored for QPR at the weekend and turned down a move to us earlier this season? No chance.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
What we need is a proven premier league striker who is suited to playing off Ulloa, has fallen out with their current management and could do with going somewhere for a bit of football before moving on in the summer. Anyone spring to mind?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
What we need is a proven premier league striker who is suited to playing off Ulloa, has fallen out with their current management and could do with going somewhere for a bit of football before moving on in the summer. Anyone spring to mind?

shrek

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Sport never follows form. Opppurtunities arise. Careers suddenly blossom. Everything goes your way. Step forward Asley Barnes The Man. Winning goals at Bolton and Barnsley followed by a brace against Palarse. Roy Hodgson sends down his scouts and he replaces Rooney..............

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here