Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What striker in on loan

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
we could always try Arsenal and maybe they could take Nicholas Bendtner back and lend him to us for the rest of the season????????????????

BHA96

May 4, 2009
HH
Jordan Bowrey?
Nouha Dicko?
Apostolos Vellios?
Simeon Jackson?
John Guideti?
Emmanuel Mayuka?
Marc-Antonie Fortune?
Saido Beharino?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I am not sure that we need an out and out striker, although we certainly need a goal scorer.

With Poyet's reluctance to play two strikers, I would have thought we actually need someone to play as an out and out attacking midfielder with a good goal scoring record. Someone to play the Rooney type role. A more reliable version on Vicente.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I am not sure that we need an out and out striker, although we certainly need a goal scorer.

With Poyet's reluctance to play two strikers, I would have thought we actually need someone to play as an out and out attacking midfielder with a good goal scoring record. Someone to play the Rooney type role. A more reliable version on Vicente.

My thoughts entirely

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Offer Portsmouth £10k for David Connolly, they would probably grab our hands off, and use him as a 20 -30 min sub as he knows where the goal is. Or go to Southampton and get Guly De Prado n loan. Whatever we do we must not rely on Adgestein or Barker as neither are anywhere near ready for a promotion push by a champion ship side.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I think this may need to be a bloom gamble - If we pay prem wages of 40K a week for 10/12 weeks we could probably get someone in, I think any club is only going to loan at full wages now. The playoffs alone could be worth 400K to the club if not a lot lot more - Take the punt Tony !

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Offer Portsmouth £10k for David Connolly, they would probably grab our hands off, and use him as a 20 -30 min sub as he knows where the goal is. Or go to Southampton and get Guly De Prado n loan. Whatever we do we must not rely on Adgestein or Barker as neither are anywhere near ready for a promotion push by a champion ship side.

No pace. We need some pace up front now CMS is injured.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here