Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What small changes would you make at the Amex ?

Solar panels, no car parking accept for the disabled and a ticket sell on facility for those who know that they will not be attending certain games. There are too many empty seats in the 1901 section which tend to be the same ones week in week out.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I would also make it quicker to get out of the North and onto the concourse after the game, I have suggested to the club before that they should open the gate into the wheelchair section after the game (which they have started doing in the east) and they tried it for one game and stopped. It would help to get out so much quicker.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
We know that our new home is amazing, but it does appear that there seems to be a few things that (with very little cost) could help improve The Amex (some of which would help us stay even longer after games and spend even more money!)

(1) Generally more shelving, esp. around the steel pillars.

(2) In/Out doors for mens toilets. (Having more toilets isn't a viable option, so making best use of what is there is important)

(3) Ability to use 'ST smartcards' at the portable sales outlets.

(4) Flip up chairs (where practicable) around the concourses.

(5) Post Office type Queing system - with a person at the front directing people to next available till. (Got to be worth a try?)

(6) Load more than one bus at a time at the P+R queues after games. (Easy to do, precount number of people for each bus) Also ensure that the busses don't leave with about 20% spare capacity on them. (Happened almost every time we used the P+R busses last season) With 3,000+ more people next season, getting people away from the Stadium in the most efficient way will be key to keeping STH happy, thus ensuring they renew the following year.

(7) On the subject of transport, with the extra people, extra busses will be needed.

Having said all of the above, I remember the catering and toilets at the Goldstone - and look how far we've come!!

Apr 12, 2011
On the subject of WiFi, I have been keeping an eye on a company called Stadium Wireless for a while now. I would post a link but I'm not allowed, but they can be found on Google and Twitter.

They would fit it at no cost to the club, and say that we are one of the clubs they've been talking to. I'm waiting for a reply to see if there's been any progress. It's £2 a month, so not free, but I reckon we've got more chance of seeing this that any free-for-all WiFi service.

Oddsocks

May 1, 2012
I think it's a good thing not having Chips.....1) the place would smell of over used fat (no fast food caterer renews their oil for deep frying anywhere near enough. 2) Chips get dropped and walked in and smudged all over the place. Our precious stadium would smell and look like a gypo fairground. It's bad enough when Northern teams are down!!!

A one way in and out of the toilets rule would be good. A whistle or bell that warns you second half is about to start might be a good idea too.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
plenty of these pitchside

15945.jpg

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
they know who they are , and it has sadly increased last season , dont like it from any team least of all my own , some will say its all part of the game now and wins free kicks and pens ect , that may well be true but its just cheating at the end of the day , isnt it ?

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I want a private queue facility so that I can just walk up to the bar in WSU, grab my pie and pint, andd be off.

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
Cringeworthy razamatazz. I wonder if away fans laugh at the bleach-haired cheerleader on the shouting on the PA? Embarrassing.

But I wouldn't bring back the funeral-director tones of Samrah either. Sounded county-league.

Id have more music and no stupid countdown

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
move it nearer to Patcham

that's it really.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
On the subject of WiFi, I have been keeping an eye on a company called Stadium Wireless for a while now. I would post a link but I'm not allowed, but they can be found on Google and Twitter.

They would fit it at no cost to the club, and say that we are one of the clubs they've been talking to. I'm waiting for a reply to see if there's been any progress. It's £2 a month, so not free, but I reckon we've got more chance of seeing this that any free-for-all WiFi service.

Stadium Wireless

Also, Twitter response regarding Wireless at the Amex: "we have approached them (BHAFC) a few times but nothing as yet. Happy to install there if they are"

Apr 12, 2011
Also, Twitter response regarding Wireless at the Amex: "we have approached them (BHAFC) a few times but nothing as yet. Happy to install there if they are"

Cheers for posting the link Razi, yeah that was their reply to me haha. Surprised the club don't seem interested as there is no cost to them, unless they already have alternative plans. Perhaps something to put forward to Insider?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here