Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What minor things annoy you

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
People that always preface a statement by saying "to be honest" or to be honest with you". Totally unnecessary and makes me cringe.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
People that always preface a statement by saying "to be honest" or to be honest with you". Totally unnecessary and makes me cringe.

The other half hates this phrase because it suggests that everything else said by users of that phrase is a lie. So as you say Zebedee, totally unnecessary thing to say.

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
any film with Tom Hanks, Jack Nicholson, Tom Cruise or Mel Gibson, especially the first two, I find it amazing they're so popular

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Middle lane drivers on a motorway. There is not a car in sight on the inside lane so why why why the f*** are you driving in the middle lane? Your clearly not using the mirrors and dont come back to me saying well im doing 70mph. Thats not the point.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
People who don't let you finish what you are

Oh yeah, that's really annoying.

Pedestrians walking in the cycle lane, staring right at you as you're coming along the clearly defined cycle lane (it's pink, there's a white line separating it from the rest of the pavement, and there are pictures of cycles on it), and continue walking, especially when the pavement is clear.
That bad cyclists ruin the reputation of good cyclists in the way no other mode of transports' bad constituents ruin their mode of transport (i.e. there are a lot of bad drivers, but no one assumes all drivers are bad, in the way that people assume all cyclists are bad based on a few).
Those stupid tiny cycles that riders stand up on to peddle, then rest their shin on the seat and squat.
Cyclists in such a hurry they can't stop at a red light, but cycle so slowly that when you stop at a red light and they over take you, you catch up with them shortly after the lights turn green, but get stuck behind them because the queue of traffic from the light is passing and it's unsafe to over take.

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
That is a prime example.... if you are using the plural of apostrophe it should read apostrophes. Your example implies possession.

Unless of course you are being 'tongue in cheek'.

Damn, I thought I should scan the list first. THIS.

Closely followed by the Americanisms now in our language, especially 'dude' grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Probably more annoying than the BOG OFF offers, are the buy 5 for £2000 type of supermarket offers. Do they think we are thick? Tesco are the prime example of this policy of 'supposedly' great offers. Bastards.

Oct 25, 2003
When you're stood on your department, i.e. Produce, and then they ask you if you've still got the offer on dog food which is right at the other end of the store etc.

as long as they're asking politely i don't see the problem

regardless of what 'department' you're stood in, it's still the same shop......i think it's fair enough for a customer to think that you'd be able to help them in that situation

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Oh yeah, that's really annoying.

Pedestrians walking in the cycle lane, staring right at you as you're coming along the clearly defined cycle lane (it's pink, there's a white line separating it from the rest of the pavement, and there are pictures of cycles on it), and continue walking, especially when the pavement is clear.
That bad cyclists ruin the reputation of good cyclists in the way no other mode of transports' bad constituents ruin their mode of transport (i.e. there are a lot of bad drivers, but no one assumes all drivers are bad, in the way that people assume all cyclists are bad based on a few).
Those stupid tiny cycles that riders stand up on to peddle, then rest their shin on the seat and squat.
Cyclists in such a hurry they can't stop at a red light, but cycle so slowly that when you stop at a red light and they over take you, you catch up with them shortly after the lights turn green, but get stuck behind them because the queue of traffic from the light is passing and it's unsafe to over take.

Do you cycle?!

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Paying taxes and rates and seeing the money squandered on needless crap. Will there ever be a government or council that cuts spending so it can reduce taxes instead of doing the opposite?

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
People that say "I know how you feel" whether it's flu, depression or a friend/family relative dying etc. Impossible to know.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
People who start an answer with "Listen". I am listening you twat, that's why I asked the question.
People who say "No, it's my round" when I have got my money out to get a round in.
People who can see everyone elses glass is empty but still finish theirs before getting a round in.
Agatha f***ing christie

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here