Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] What Makes You A Dullard ?

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
……Like noticing when people spell stationery wrong. Most shops don’t move.
Didn’t know there was a difference. It’s ballsed up my joke at work (I’m a driver) about being hit up the rear by a Rymans van, however I’m now on a disciplinary as he was the stationary vehicle.

(I think it’s my shit/unfunny jokes that qualify me as a fully paid up dullard)

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
I have worked out where the planes flying over my garden heading to Gatwick have come from and that they will be landing in around 11 minutes.

My wife hates me.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I religiously do wordle every day and am buoyed up by having a good streak, but can’t be bothered with what some seem to do in keeping records of every answer there has ever been or what their second guess was when there is an r in the month.

BUT if it makes people happy, why not! I’m probably a bit of a pedant! Like noticing when people spell stationery wrong. Most shops don’t move.
Very good ! My spelling is awful - I normally post on my laptop which tells me my spelling is awful. My first post on this thread was completed via my fone.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
500+ football shirt collection including every Brighton home shirt since 1977, most of which are players shirts

*edit, and all but 3 away shirts.

And a collection of 10 different barbecues.

These two dullard hobbies are not linked.

Last edited:

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Mainly my personality I think. 😂

Strange this thread has popper up as I just joined a group of facebook called Dull Mens Club. It is quite amusing.
This keeps coming up on my Facebook feed - I think it’s trying to tell me something

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Impressive - I was quite proud of my VW Polo getting to 208K until I read your post!
I did removals years ago and I did a few jobs for a guy who had an old mercedes Luton (sprinter?) It was on 987,000 when I worked for him and he always said he would retire it when it clocked 1,000,000 miles. Astonishing engine, very well looked after.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Geeking about magic tricks. I'm slightly obsessed with mentalism but more the process and psychology of it than the practice of doing it myself - identifying someone's star sign by asking as little as two questions (fairly simple, I can do this) or their birthday (a bit more involved and needs more performance and confidence and storytelling around it but not too much) for example. I think reading big books about it without actually doing it qualifies for dullard status.

The best at it can give the illusion of free choice while giving none at all. One I've seen is to give you a "choice" of thinking of any card you like out of the 52, but in reality without explicitly doing so they are limiting you to a single card which they then make appear. Another is being asked to draw a scene, where without realising it you're being influenced to include certain features which the mentalist has "psychically" known and predicted you're going to do. Derren Brown is the best known master of this psychological forcing but there are a few very impressive others too.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
I have worked out where the planes flying over my garden heading to Gatwick have come from and that they will be landing in around 11 minutes.

My wife hates me.
FlightRadar24 is your friend....and mine!!! 🤣

I recently went to Kew Gardens and went on the tree canopy trail...just so I could be an extra 50 foot nearer the planes landing at Heathrow :lolol::cool:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Train dullard here, eagerly awaiting timings for a steam excursion in Kent in November so I can plot a route to photograph it in as many different locations as possible

Skuller

Jun 3, 2017
Finally being comfortable in myself. No need to chase a career, or aspire. Already having the things I want around me, the right people, in the right place with the necessary accoutrements.
Trouble is that just as you achieve that state, your accoutrements stop working, work when you don’t want them to, or begin to fall off.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I'm off to study the three points v two points for a win table differentials in the 70s. Did you know that under three points for a win, Albion would have won Division Two in 1979 and Palace would have finished FOURTH ? Actually, that one is quite interesting.
Except we wouldn't have been there - as we would have been promoted above Spurs the year before! (Although they probably would have arranged with Southampton to beat them instead of arranging to draw with them - which would have had us all on the same points, and we would have lost out on goal difference. Not bitter....)

I rather like stationary sections of shops - or indeed shops like Rymans (RIP). No idea why, I never actually buy anything - who needs stationary in the internet world ? I think that makes me dullard.
Me - I buy it, and use it!

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Football stats at all levels, I can spend hours looking at scores, scorer’s and attendance figures ( which is why I hate this counting tickets sold and not bums on seats malarkey) i can spend most of Sunday if aloud and Monday looking at Sunday results.

As I have got older I have a love for big engineering, steam trains and alike which shocks my Mrs.

Another but quite common I think is rock bands family trees.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Plane spotting and collecting model planes. Have well over a thousand and thankfully a husband who might roll his eyes, but actually thinks it's kinda nerdy cute 😁

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I’m a tool dullard for sure, building things fascinate me and my attention to detail is rather obsessive or dull to others most probably.
Sometimes I wish I was a dullard when it came to sorting out my accounts.
Tools - all clean and tidy.
My paperwork - a complete mess. :facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think that Dullardism should not be confused with Geekery and Completism. I am a completist over a range of things, and a geek about others. However to be a Dullard I think you need to ram it down people's throats. I accept I'm a dullard over my Wordle tallies, my rudeness, and my ignore list. Now, f*** off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here