Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] What Makes You A Dullard ?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well, being a bit of a night owl I find myself having a chat with a fellow NSCer who is on an overnight coach to Manchester for tomorrow's match.

Now I love buses and coaches. And there is little more exciting that the new trackers that have appeared in recent years. Oh the joys of watching the number 18 go around the Queen's Park route.

To my joy, I find out that National Express have a tracker. So whilst chatting I follow the journey as it makes it way through the sodden pastures of the West Midlands. I am even sent a picture of the Birmingham coach station at Digbeth in all of its splendour. Well, maybe not splendour, but it has National Express coaches.

I am a fully paid up DULLARD. But the easier one is pleased the more joyful life becomes.

But I know that Club Dullard has many members- the Chairman being the Great NSC Dullard and his football abacus.

So If you claim membership yourself, what makes you a qualified dullard ?

I'm off to study the three points v two points for a win table differentials in the 70s. Did you know that under three points for a win, Albion would have won Division Two in 1979 and Palace would have finished FOURTH ? Actually, that one is quite interesting.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Mainly my personality I think. 😂

Strange this thread has popper up as I just joined a group of facebook called Dull Mens Club. It is quite amusing.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I do my best not to assign labels like 'dull' or 'guilty pleasure' to the things that I enjoy, because I don't think they should carry the negative connotations of those labels.

That said I have an utter fascination with city planning and design, specifically transport networks. I really enjoy when, say, a metro or train line, crosses over above a road. Like the "L" train in Chicago.

Which I guess could be considered dull or slightly odd.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I suspect many of us old school cricket lovers may well have dullard tendencies @BrightonLines. In the late ‘60s scoring Sussex games from the top of the stand at the sea end and summer holiday test matches on BBC TV were early signs and a fleeting fascination with 4CIGs, 4VEPs and the like(don’t ask)!

Pedantry could well be another characteristic?

I blame my Dad! I recall he had a notebook in his jacket pocket and would record his car mileage each week and/or after refuelling. What chance did I have?

I think there may be quite a few on NSC tbf

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I rather like stationary sections of shops - or indeed shops like Rymans (RIP). No idea why, I never actually buy anything - who needs stationary in the internet world ? I think that makes me dullard.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
If you always do the things that you don’t enjoy, life is longer
I learned this at a young age while sitting at an office desk for a day that seemed to last a week.
When the weekend came around it was over in a flash
So always try to do boring things - your life will absolutely last a lot longer.
Being a Dullard could be a huge disadvantage if you are enjoying what you do but if you are not enjoying it, life could be a lot longer

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I suspect many of us old school cricket lovers may well have dullard tendencies @BrightonLines. In the late ‘60s scoring Sussex games from the top of the stand at the sea end and summer holiday test matches on BBC TV were early signs and a fleeting fascination with 4CIGs, 4VEPs and the like(don’t ask)!

Pedantry could well be another characteristic?

I blame my Dad! I recall he had a notebook in his jacket pocket and would record his car mileage each week and/or after refuelling. What chance did I have?

I think there may be quite a few on NSC tbf
OMG - my Dad did that as well. He even noted how much he had paid and where. Even in his modern cars right up to his passing.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Obsessively monitoring live train departure websites

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I rather like stationary sections of shops - or indeed shops like Rymans (RIP). No idea why, I never actually buy anything - who needs stationary in the internet world ? I think that makes me dullard.
I think wanting to be pedantic probably marks out a DULLARD. So being pedantic, Ryman aren't RIP, there are loads of them, including one where I live.

I think you'll find most of the DULLARDS on NSC are on the Wordle thread discussing their stats. 😂

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I think wanting to be pedantic probably marks out a DULLARD. So being pendantic, Ryman aren't RIP, there are loads of them, including one where I live.

I think you'll find most of the DULLARDS on NSC are on the Wordle thread discussing their stats. 😂
I religiously do wordle every day and am buoyed up by having a good streak, but can’t be bothered with what some seem to do in keeping records of every answer there has ever been or what their second guess was when there is an r in the month.

BUT if it makes people happy, why not! I’m probably a bit of a pedant! Like noticing when people spell stationery wrong. Most shops don’t move.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I love the smell of stationery shops. Also the smell of garden supply shops (the old Rice Brothers in Haywards Heath for example). I don't think that makes me a DULLARD, just a bit WEIRD.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here