Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the GREATEST Sporting Moment You Have Seen Live

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
For personal joy it has to be Smudgers goal in 83. Having seen us rise up thepyramid since the lowly Div 3 days in 71 it felt like, yes, we've made it and whatever happens no-one can take it away from us.

On a purely ego moment, reaching a ton on my 40th birthday-fighting the dying of the light!!
PG

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
The 14th minute on the 21st May 1983...... although the 87th minute was pretty good...... a few minutes later was probably the worst.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Some great days with the Albion at Wembley, Cardiff and Selhurst Park.

Some England games.

First sporting event at Stadium Australia in Sydney - 120,000 there.

Lucky enough to have been at 26 Monaco Grands Prix and 19 Le Mans 24 Hours races...

...but nothing comes remotely close to Robbie Reinelt's goal at Hereford for the greatest moment.

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
The coe ovett duels of the 80s jimmy case spinning ray wilkins round like a top after 2 mins of the 83 final and the 98 arm wrestling semi final where tay sadly lost to inga a rather powerfull bulgarian lady :lolol: sorry

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The 83 final and semi were awesome but being at Anfield when we beat Liverpool 2-1. They hadn't lost any cup tie in any competition, domestic and Europe at home for about 8 or 9 years. Only went because I had never seen Anfield before.

Absolute magic. Even better when Phil Neal missed a pen.

Brandy Alexander

Sep 8, 2009
_38509127_kirtley298.jpg

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
The 83 final and semi were awesome but being at Anfield when we beat Liverpool 2-1. They hadn't lost any cup tie in any competition, domestic and Europe at home for about 8 or 9 years. Only went because I had never seen Anfield before.

Absolute magic. Even better when Phil Neal missed a pen.

I couldn't agree more - what he said! :ascarf:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Another couple to add to this. Last night at Rileys in Brighton, Phil "The Power" Taylor came to open the new darts zone.

I, along with a few other NSCers were lucky enough to witness Taylor taken on 9 various people during the night, where he treated us to an exhibition. He showboated with some unbelievable skill

1. Needing 100 to check out and win the leg - Taylor threw 25, 25, BULL
2. Needing 36 to check out and win the leg - Taylor hit the top loop of the 8 by double 8, the bottom loop of the 8 by the double 8, then hit the double 18 as required to win the leg.

FLAIR

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
More historical than memorable but I was there at Lords when South Africa first returned to the international scene after the aparthied years of exclusion. They beat Engalnd with a day to spare .....

Millenium Vs Brizzle was memorable.

Techno

Oct 23, 2006
West Midlands
2005 Ashes, 3rd day of the edgbaston test.
What a day of cricket, england reduced to 80 odd for 6, Flintoff hitting sixes to rescue us and set a decent target, then gets rid of langer and ponting in one over. More wickets falling, and finally, with the last ball of the day, Harmison bowls michael clarke with a slower ball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here