Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the GREATEST Sporting Moment You Have Seen Live

Yoda

English & European
[yt]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u5aTxlQpZdA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u5aTxlQpZdA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/yt]

[yt]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nAyVaHoX6YM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nAyVaHoX6YM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/yt]

[yt]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XhiVdReN6uw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XhiVdReN6uw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/yt]

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I have a few;

The C&G win at Lords in 2006 (?).
99 Worthington Cup Final.
Winning 6-2 at Selhurst 2nd last game of the season...the game that kept us up in 1997.
Virgo scoring against Swindon.
The 6 hour wait for the Lancashire result to come through , when we won the CCC.
Worthington Cup Semi-Final 1-0 win over Wimbledon, at Selhurst..the noise.:drool:
Seeing Hoggard take a hat-trick in Barbados test match, '04

Is it worrying that 2 of mine have been at Selhurst?:laugh:

Too many ,though..

Last edited:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
[yt]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JybopUgbvfE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JybopUgbvfE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>[/yt]

i wish i had been there for that, even watching it now it makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck, unfortutely i havent really seen much apart from the albion, so it has to be the Play off final win in 2004

seagullsoverlincoln

Jul 14, 2009
Aside from the obvious Albion moments, actual live, GBR winning athletics Europa cup at Gateshead in 1989 and 2000. zelezny smashing the world javelin record at the Don Valley
stadium.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
i wish i had been there for that, even watching it now it makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck, unfortutely i havent really seen much apart from the albion, so it has to be the Play off final win in 2004

Totally inappropriate Coldplay track played over the top though!!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
At the Goldstone seeing George Parris's sneaky goal! :)
That's the Right answer.(with apologies to Chris Tarrant).Still think it's hysterically funny as well ROFLMA:laugh::drink::bigwave:

terrymendez

Nov 22, 2006
Dials
Rugby World Cup final 2003, very closely followed by the Rugby World Cup Semi final v France, just behind that was the quarter final, Wales - Brisbane. The Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane to this day is my favourite ground....walking to the ground, Welsh in the bars on on the right, English on the left.... a real tingle down the spine moment.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Final whistle playoff final Cardiff. Brighton 1 Bris R 0

Ahem ... Bristol City

Like most of you, I'll have to say the 83 cup final too.

But also:
Seeing Gazza's goal against Scotland (and sitting near a group of Scots)
Watching Australia destroy Pakistan in the 1999 WC final
Seeing Phil Tufnell take seven wickets at the Oval to beat Australia in 1997
Seeing Sussex win two Lord's finals and spectacularly lose another to Warks (prob the best one-day final ever, even if we did lose).
Enjoying Sussex win the Championship for the first time
Seeing Wales beat England in the 5 Nations with a Scott Gibbs try in the last minute

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
Most things connected to the Albion.

Every match in the '83 cup run except the replay, winning at the Millenium final, beating Newcastle to win promotion to the old First division, beating Watford 6-0 to win promotion to the old Second division for the first time ever, being in the record gate for the Goldstone when we beat Fulham over Christmas '58.

Away from the Albion, at Cardiff Arms Park watching the Barbarian's, with almost a full Lions side, beat the All-Blacks in the most memorable rugby match in 1973.

I was there.

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
Being at the Sydney Cricket Ground in 1999 when Darren Gough took his hat-trick. 44,000 people there that day and the roar that went up as that third wicket went down was hair-raising.

YouTube - Darren Gough Hat Trick, Ashes 1999

That was a great sporting moment - I can remember the Barmy Army in full voice half an hour after the end of play. But the previous test at Melbourne when we looked dead and buried, but pulled off a great victory... and then the celebrations - you couldn't find an Aussie in Melbourne city centre.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Away from the Albion, at Cardiff Arms Park watching the Barbarian's, with almost a full Lions side, beat the All-Blacks in the most memorable rugby match in 1973.

I was there.

OOohh...that's the best yet. So you saw the Try of the Century live? That's really something to boast about.

dazzalewis1968

May 22, 2008
Anybody else at Hove Dogs when Ballyregan Bob beat the world record for number of consecutive wins?

i was there ! .......... and the bob v champ at wembley anyone else there?
and 83 FA cup final ........... 3 AFC final games watch my team the steelers.
and 20/20 final this year all rank up there.

John Boy

Paul McShane
Aug 15, 2004
'ove actually
Thinking about it, I don't believe I have seen a groundbreaking moment

The playoff final was a great occasion, but nothing special in comparison to some of the events mentioned already

My personal favorite though was seeing James Kirtley take 5 wickets at Lords in 2006. The best from this year, IMO, was the FPT semi final win against Gloucestershire when Ed Joyce scored 146 from just 139 balls

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
My first Albion game - Millwall at home 0-0, the year Burnley won Div 2 (74 or 75 I think), hooked for life thereafter.
FA Cup semi final win, particularly Jimmy free kick - ooohh, suited me sir.
Ipswich 5 Newcastle 4 back in Sir Bobby's day - Malcom McDonald scored a hat trick on the losing side and I remember seeing the last, winning, goal though a gap in the crowd as we left early cos' my little bruvva was playing up....
The first Eagles Dockers AFL derby at Subi in Perth when Woosha ran through McManus at the start (could be on my own for that one).
For unadulterated drunkeness and atmosphere, England beating South Africa in the rugby world cup at Subicao Oval in Perth, although I can't stand that stupid exclusive upper class twat sport.
Ok, woah Lesley, think that's enough, another fine lunch today.....

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Test match 5 v Australia day 5 oval 2005
Italy 0 England 0 Stadio Olympico world cup qualifier 1997 - the best 0-0 I have attended

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here