Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the GREATEST Sporting Moment You Have Seen Live

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
i.e. been a part of the crowd....

inspired by The Dr Smith

I have been quite lucky boy when it comes to seeing great things in sporting arena's, England 4 - 1 Holland in Euro 96, David Beckham scoring from the halfway line at Selhurst

Dwayne Smiths Quadruple wicket maiden was up there,
[yt]i7WjQxaBa04[/yt]

but for me it has to be this
[yt]P0wVmAMEypI[/yt]

D

Deleted User X18H

The 1983 Football Association Challenge Cup Final

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
[yt]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JybopUgbvfE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JybopUgbvfE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>[/yt]

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Adam el abd not f***ing up on Saturday. That was special. Also being a holder of a tamborine in the world record for most tamborines hit in one minute by one man was a true epic sporting moment.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Best or Worst?

The best, 1983 FA Cup Final.

Most infamous/worst, 1990 World Cup Semi Final, England v Germany

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
England v Australia,2005, 5th Test, Day 5: Pietersen's 157, Giles' 50 and Ashes return home

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Best:
Linford Christie winning the 100m in Barcelona
Brighton getting the point at Hereford
83 Cup Semi Final at Highbury
England wins V Germany, Holland & Croatia
Watching Redgrave/Pinsent win gold in 2004 Olympics

Worst
England losing twice V Germany, Portugal, Argentina
Brighton losing to Man U in cup final
Watching Brighton self destruct under Archer & Bellotti

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
For pure action, that is my favourite ever Boxing match. Must've been awsome to watch live
it was the same day as west ham v chelsea , so went to that and was lagging by the time we got to london arena, had tickets for up in the gods but just bluffed our way and was stood in the aisles about 3 rows back from ringside, awesome fight and i got in the ring afterwards for a dare , was thrown out and landed on les ferdinand ringside :lol:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Probably in terms of prestige the World Cup Semi Final between Portugal and France in Munich in 2008. The one England should have been in. However spent the whole match booing Ronaldo so didn't enjoy it to the full!!

Hard not to chose a Brighton match, and therefore the semi final in 83 along with the play off finals would be right up there.

But for the drama of it, it would have to be the Hereford match in 97 or the last game at the Goldstone.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
That's a difficult one. Live, I think watching England under Billy Beaumont beat France in Paris in the Grand Slam year of 1979-80. We took over Paris afterwards!!:yahoo:

On TV watching Palace beat Liverpool 4-3 in the FA cup semi-final in 1990....:lol:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Been a few and would prob have gone for the eubank v watson fight if not for the unfortunate injury to watson but the 1 stick out memory is this

[yt]Gh6CI142pus[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here