Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is going on at our football club?.........

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
If it falls through at Burnley he can forget about coming here. Big nosed ****.

Well, excuse the pun, but wouldn't that be cutting off your nose to spite your face? He's the perfect, PROVEN, signing that we need for a position that we currently desperately need filling.

I assume everyone on here still just speculating as to what's actually happened to him then?

Peterrhodes

Aug 18, 2009
London
The message re buckleys sale simply said he sold thanks Buckley. Where was the reassurance that the players will be replaced with quality and we will be pushing for playoffs ASAP. Yes was said at forum re will be happy with squad but none of the clubs targets are being gained and fans need reassurance at times like these. This is a business and we are the customers. This board doesn't suggest high percentage customer satisfaction.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
All will be well.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Well, excuse the pun, but wouldn't that be cutting off your nose to spite your face? He's the perfect, PROVEN, signing that we need for a position that we currently desperately need filling.

I assume everyone on here still just speculating as to what's actually happened to him then?

He could rot in Wolves reserves a far as I'm concerned. I want players that want to play for us not obsessed with making as much money as possible. Let's face it Burnley will be in the championship next season so it's not all ambition. **** him, I didn't rate him anyway.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I think we need someone from the club to say something before the next home game and maybe restate what is the club policy now in black and white

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
He could rot in Wolves reserves a far as I'm concerned. I want players that want to play for us not obsessed with making as much money as possible. Let's face it Burnley will be in the championship next season so it's not all ambition. **** him, I didn't rate him anyway.

I think thou dost protest too much :lolol: Playing ability wise he's clearly just what we need, and you know it.

Point taken though - I was glad to see Bridcutt do one in the end, but he was/is class nonetheless. There's clearly no such thing as unconditional love from us football fans :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think I probably am on the 'licker list' compared to most on here. I did have an accident when I read about Ward, but I've had a shower and changed the sheets and all is well again. I'm pissed off with how this transfer window's going, as I'm sure the 3Bs are. And I agree about the first 5+ games that will cost us points. But I expect we'll either make some decent signings, or get some decent players in on loan and we'll end up playing some good football, which is dreamland compared to some of the opinions on here.

Great post. Exactly where I am.

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
I am actually ok with everything, though I have wobbled. I do feel we will struggle this year, but this does not lessen my enjoyment nor passion for the club. Never thought I was supporting man u, all I want is a team that puts its blood on the field and fellow fans that appreciate it. Whether we are fighting relegation from league 1 (as we were) or the PL (someday) doesn't matter. I hope this does not make me complacent nor passive, just aware of where my passion comes from - not success but the pursuit of it.

That said the results of our recruitment efforts surely are not meeting expectations and I trust we are learning from this and will make the necessary changes.

Not sure if this post was worthy of changing my lurking habit, but felt the need to comment.

bha-since-1985

May 14, 2014
Can no one see the pattern here... Poyet, Garcia, all our best players leave and we get left with a poor squad, money, but now no one wants in at the club. I'm not going to say anything about hypia, he's too unproven to mention yet, though had a pretty poor record at Leverkusen when solely in charge. There's a trend going on here though.. Yes bloom, it's your club, but if you want to be manager, appoint yourself as manager. If not, leave it the **** alone and let the manager do their job.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I think we need someone from the club to say something before the next home game and maybe restate what is the club policy now in black and white
Club Statement: Due to FFP restrictions blah blah blah...................................................................

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Everyone seems to be talking as if Ward to Burnley is a done deal.

Can anyone confirm please with any 'official' links?, as I can't find any. Or do I just believe the Argus?

I'm not saying it's bullshit, just curious if it's actually been officially confirmed anywhere.

Lancashire Telegraph think it is a done deal , Wolves apparently accepted bids from both clubs with Ward on his way down for a medical before turning back and heading up north.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
According to quite a few supposedly In The Know(ers), some independent some Burnley connected, it was £450,000.

It may have risen since with promotion though.

I'm guessing there was a promotion clause in the deal , £450k up front and £300k paid out in May/June.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
that would suggest we didnt have a good enough first XI, when we finished 6. losing Ulloa is certainly a blow, but i dont see how losing a sick note, a player 6 months ago, and an admittedly very good defender turns us into a relegation candidate.

Our squad was frail last season, we've since lost 1st,2nd and 3rd placed players for our POTS and our top goal scorer and Will Buckley, the window before we lost our most influential player in Bridcutt, a dependable centre back and the marmite man Barnes, none have as yet been replaced sufficiently apart from possibly Hughes for Upson, but that's going to take some doing. This squad is horrendously weak.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Absolute joke, never been so disillusioned as I am now, and it was at the heart of the protests all those years ago, at least then we could do something

I would suggest that says something about you.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
More importantly, what the f**k was wrong with the original thread title? It seems you can be casually racist, sexist and homophobic but saying profanity is banned, takes the Pi**

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here