Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is going on at our football club?.........

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
It's not good, but a bit difficult to sit in the Amex & "get vocal" towards TB.

I'm with you, but I'm afraid there are now a growing number of people that are seriously pissed off and TB shouldn't be exempt from any blame purely based on the investment he has made into the club.

'One Ambition' ??? Please if the club don't want to make serious investment into the playing staff then stop coming out with these quotes and statements building up unrealistic expectations within fanbase.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
This one is probably the easiest to take in a way. Burnley have obviously had a deal for another LB fall through and offered him a last payday. Frustrating for sure but if your him and you suddenly get a chance for one last big payday and PL football...

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Our squad has been raped and Bloom is solely responsible for the policy. No way would we be in this state without his governance. We are heading for a relegation battle no doubt!

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
Players out:

Ulloa 7.5m
Buckley 2.5m
Upson Free
Kucsczak Free
Bridcutt 3.5m

Players we have tried and failed to sign:

Clayton
Baldock
Ward
Grabban

Players we have signed:
Stockdale
O'Grady
Hughes
Toko

Yes we have until 31st August but it appears that any players of note just are not interested in signing for us. We still need a left back, at least 1 ideally 2 strikers, another CB, quality attacking centre midfielder yet the window closes in less than 3 weeks. I for one am dreading the rest of this season.

You left out Barnes £750k

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No doubt the club will say that Ward was one under considerstion but our main targets are stll about. Everything apparently down to FFP but I am sure I read on here that the fc pay £1m a year to the stadium company. This equates to about £19230 per week or £40 000 per game it is little wonder we are cash strapped, however I do not see an answer to this problem but it makes a big hole in our income from attendances.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Shut the f up everyone, bloom is not gonna spend 100mill on a stadium n brand new training ground just for three years in the championship n then let us get relegated - he's a poker player which means his mind is five steps in front of the rest of us morons

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
so of those left...
good money
sick note
shame but already covered (Huges, Dunk)
replaced (Stokedale)
went in January, didnt really miss/covered.

so accepting that its very disappointing those players we've missed out, things arent too bad and we certainly shouldnt be talking about relegation.
Try and pick a good first Xl from our current squad, I think your optimism, whilst commendable, is very misplaced.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Our squad has been raped and Bloom is solely responsible for the policy. No way would we be in this state without his governance. We are heading for a relegation battle no doubt!

Please choose your language a bit more thoughtfully. That's totally unnecessary and insulting toboot.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Shut the f up everyone, bloom is not gonna spend 100mill on a stadium n brand new training ground just for three years in the championship n then let us get relegated - he's a poker player which means his mind is five steps in front of the rest of us morons

:lolol: he played cards for a living, he's not Charles f'ing Xavier.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I don't necessarily think the transfer fees are the issue. I suspect it's wages.
And on wages, everyone's going to go EPL-wards if there's any possibility.
The fees aren't that different -- Fulham is supposed to have paid £11 milion for Ross McCormack, for God's sake.

Recent activity strongly resembles what happens routinely in the NBA and NFL, where there are hard salary caps.
The management clearly has a number in their mind for what the total wage bill should be, and they will not budge an inch on it.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
There is another 2 weeks left in the window

Absolutely.

But the likes of 'Boro, Wigan, Norwich, Cardiff, Fulham etc have the vast majority of their business done. By the end of the window, we'll be 5 games into the season. That's a pretty big head start for all those sides, who already seem to have far more strength in depth anyway.

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
even without additions, which i am sure we ill receive, our team is still stronger than half the teams in this league and we have some great young players coming through who will be geared up to play a significant part this season. With Greer as captain i do not believe we will witness a dramatic crash or topple out of this league, we have a lot of passion and there are still players who got promoted with us who won't want to surrender all we have fought for. Worst comes to worst they would invest in January but i do not feel we will be in a position to need it. The fees we have received have all been fair and mutually beneficial for all parties involved, Ulloa was overpriced, Buckley long out of form and injury prone, Bridcutt out of form and passion when he left, but the money is only as good as our replacements. Hopefully we will get one or two stellar additions by September 1st, a creative midfielder/winger, 20 goal striker, and a young left back or cb. This season can be one of consolidation before pushing on next year, and i for one won't stop attending because we are going through a bump.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
I'm not sure if I'm more ****ed off with the transfers or the managements arrogance.

If they don't start signing some very decent players they are incompetent but even if they do they have shown complete contempt for the fans with Three years of closed season balls up 3 managers, selling players our best players and keep ******* on about FFp.

They have really built up enthusiasm for the new season, well done tb and co

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Absolutely.

But the likes of 'Boro, Wigan, Norwich, Cardiff, Fulham etc have the vast majority of their business done. By the end of the window, we'll be 5 games into the season. That's a pretty big head start for all those sides, who already seem to have far more strength in depth anyway.
Read 4 posts above mine.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
No. No they don't.
Seconded.

Ward choosing a PL team over us is hardly surprising really.

When you also consider the other players we've supposedly missed, what actually makes playing for us any more appealing than the clubs they actually went for? If it comes solely down to wages, there's not much more that could be done other than possibly pay well over the odds...is that the way we'd really want to go?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here