Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is going on at our football club?.........

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Try and pick a good first Xl from our current squad, I think your optimism, whilst commendable, is very misplaced.

that would suggest we didnt have a good enough first XI, when we finished 6. losing Ulloa is certainly a blow, but i dont see how losing a sick note, a player 6 months ago, and an admittedly very good defender turns us into a relegation candidate.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Players out:

Ulloa 7.5m
Buckley 2.5m
Upson Free
Kucsczak Free
Bridcutt 3.5m

so of those left...
good money
sick note
shame but already covered (Huges, Dunk)
replaced (Stokedale)
went in January, didn't really miss/covered.

so accepting that its very disappointing those players we've missed out, things aren't too bad and we certainly shouldn't be talking about relegation.

I totally agree with that assessment, but with certain caveats.

Silly money for Ulloa, we would have been crazy to turn that down, BUT he was a proven Championship goalscorer and we currently don't have one to match him, so it's crucial a suitable replacement is found.

I'm completely in the dark over the Ward situation, but if we don't sign him, which looks increasingly likely, then that will be my biggest disappointment of the lot by far. Again, crucial we find a suitable replacement, especially with the system it seems Sammi wants to play.

Being rational - still a while to go in this transfer window, so have to try to remain optimistic that the right signings will be in place. Would have much preferred to hit the floor running though and had everyone in place before the season actually started.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Apologies, I'll remove you from the 'licker list' in my head, I missed the sarcasm intended :thumbsup:
I think I probably am on the 'licker list' compared to most on here. I did have an accident when I read about Ward, but I've had a shower and changed the sheets and all is well again. I'm pissed off with how this transfer window's going, as I'm sure the 3Bs are. And I agree about the first 5+ games that will cost us points. But I expect we'll either make some decent signings, or get some decent players in on loan and we'll end up playing some good football, which is dreamland compared to some of the opinions on here.

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
Shame he wasn't five steps ahead today when he got well and truly shafted by the Burnley chairman
Shut the f up everyone, bloom is not gonna spend 100mill on a stadium n brand new training ground just for three years in the championship n then let us get relegated - he's a poker player which means his mind is five steps in front of the rest of us morons

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
There might b another two weeks left of the window. There is also another six points up for grabs in the next 5 days. It's a long way back from 0 pts from 5 or 6 games. Unless your ONE AMBITION, is just to stay up!!!!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
. And I agree about the first 5+ games that will cost us points. But I expect we'll either make some decent signings, or get some decent players in on loan and we'll end up playing some good football, which is dreamland compared to some of the opinions on here.

Absolutely.

We won't go down, but the current squad would be lower mid table in my opinion. A few injuries, and it's very limited.

But we won't play the season with this squad for 46 games, we will make additions. But whether they will be of the quality and quantity to turn us into top 6 challengers? having likely given other teams a few points head start? I really doubt it.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Players out:

Ulloa 7.5m
Buckley 2.5m
Upson Free
Kucsczak Free
Bridcutt 3.5m

Players we have tried and failed to sign:

Clayton
Baldock
Ward
Grabban

Players we have signed:
Stockdale
O'Grady
Hughes
Toko

Yes we have until 31st August but it appears that any players of note just are not interested in signing for us. We still need a left back, at least 1 ideally 2 strikers, another CB, quality attacking centre midfielder yet the window closes in less than 3 weeks. I for one am dreading the rest of this season.

You forgot,,,Barnes, El Abd, Hoskins, Orlandi, Lopez, Andrews, Lingard, Ward, Brezovan and a few lessers earners as well.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Absolutely.

We won't go down, but the current squad would be lower mid table in my opinion. A few injuries, and it's very limited.

But we won't play the season with this squad for 46 games, we will make additions. But whether they will be of the quality and quantity to turn us into top 6 challengers? having likely given other teams a few points head start? I really doubt it.

I don't like to be the voice of doom, but far bigger teams than us have been relegated from this division, with far better squads.

Peterrhodes

Aug 18, 2009
London
Stock dale, OGrady and Hughes all have relegation experience recently as does McCourt if we sign him so were building a time with experience in one area.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Everyone seems to be talking as if Ward to Burnley is a done deal.

Can anyone confirm please with any 'official' links?, as I can't find any. Or do I just believe the Argus?

I'm not saying it's bullshit, just curious if it's actually been officially confirmed anywhere.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
so of those left...
good money
sick note
shame but already covered (Huges, Dunk)
replaced (Stokedale)
went in January, didnt really miss/covered.

so accepting that its very disappointing those players we've missed out, thintgs arent too bad and we certainly shouldnt be talking about relegation.[/QUOte

Didn't miss Bridcutt....are you joking?

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
Shut the f up everyone, bloom is not gonna spend 100mill on a stadium n brand new training ground just for three years in the championship n then let us get relegated - he's a poker player which means his mind is five steps in front of the rest of us morons

There was a five year plan. By my reckoning, this is year 5.........

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Everyone seems to be talking as if Ward to Burnley is a done deal.

Can anyone confirm please with any 'official' links?, as I can't find any. Or do I just believe the Argus?

I'm not saying it's bullshit, just curious if it's actually been officially confirmed anywhere.

If it falls through at Burnley he can forget about coming here. Big nosed ****.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
I think I probably am on the 'licker list' compared to most on here. I did have an accident when I read about Ward, but I've had a shower and changed the sheets and all is well again. I'm pissed off with how this transfer window's going, as I'm sure the 3Bs are. And I agree about the first 5+ games that will cost us points. But I expect we'll either make some decent signings, or get some decent players in on loan and we'll end up playing some good football, which is dreamland compared to some of the opinions on here.

So at no point have you questioned the fact that we have a great stadium training ground (all tangible assist mr bloom) but act like ****ing homeless beggars. Why are players constantly choosing other teams...wages (fans pay top prices and we have the highest attendances). That doesn't matter we should be grateful because we could be at gillingham or withdean or we could be like loads of clubs been successful without ****ing things up.

Instead we have lickers constantly tell us how lucky we are.

We finally had a bit of glory got a new ground Training facility, play offs and are now back peddling. We had the moment and the momentum and are royally ****ing it up. positive message mr chairman would be good rather than sell everyone and stutter about 'we would come back down even if we got to the PL'!. Lessons in pr would be good :rolleyes:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Didn't miss Bridcutt....are you joking?

dont get me wrong, i thought we would, but the league position suggests otherwise. theres a better case for missing Barnes, but not worth it with all his detractors.

im not saying things are good, i just think relegation talk if daft when theres 2 weeks to get in players suitable. as covered else where, probably 4-5 players needed... same as last week or last month.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here