Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What has the Board seen in Hyypia that we can't see

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I think Tony Bloom has all but confirmed our Relegation. Keeping this clueless clown in charge will send us down for sure. Well done Tone :thumbsup:

Bloom/the boards support towards Hyypia during this difficult period has been commendable. Tony must be able to remember the Adams part 2 debacle, where we almost left it too late to save ourselves via the bald ones devine intervention.

I reckon Sami will be gone shortly after the Millwall game if we lose. It will be interesting to see the level of effort put in by the players on Friday evening. Some may down tools in order to get Hyypia through the exit door.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
For me the only possible reasons he's still here are:

1) The board now admit his hands have been tied by the recruitment led by David Burke.
2) The financial implications of sacking him
3) Stubborn pride.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If you think Sami earns less than the average first teamer you have a lot to learn.

Paying him out would cost around £4m and could be the difference between meeting FFP or not. Not something to be done lightly - and definitely not worth it to finish 11th instead of 17th.

I'm in the board has written off the season but doesn't think we will go down camp so why waste the money.

If Sami were sacked he wouldn't get his payout in one go !

He would be payed at his normal rate, thus the payout would be spread over 2.5 years for FFP purposes. Also, if he got another job in the meantime, then it'd be reduced.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

1) The board now admit his hands have been tied by the recruitment led by David Burke.
3) Stubborn pride.

4) A combination of the above.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Having read all the threads on this subject and found the pertinent posts, my conclusion is that he is still here because we have not yet found his replacement.

I tend to agree with you, nobody we want who's available to replace him.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Probably had to say something like that but if we lose against Millwall, Hyypia's position will be untenable, no matter what was said yesterday.

Agree with that.Can't see how Sami could survive with the club rooted in the bottom 2. With the game at home too, might have been different at the Den. And the cameras there to record the misery.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

3) Stubborn pride.

4) No replacement lined up?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
maybe (and I live in hope) he can turn it around
I have said this its not all his fault
and if the board are prepared to spend money in the Jan window
then maybe he can turn it around
BUT THIS IS A BIG GAMBLE

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If Sami were sacked he wouldn't get his payout in one go !

He would be payed at his normal rate, thus the payout would be spread over 2.5 years for FFP purposes. Also, if he got another job in the meantime, then it'd be reduced.

If he left by mutual consent a compensation package could suit both parties ie a one off payment taken out of the Ulloa fee instead of staged payments.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
maybe (and I live in hope) he can turn it around
I have said this its not all his fault
and if the board are prepared to spend money in the Jan window
then maybe he can turn it around
BUT THIS IS A BIG GAMBLE
The only problem is TB likes to play the percentages. Sami is the equivalent of holding a 3 of Diamonds and a 4 of Hearts before seeing the flop.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Bloom/the boards support towards Hyypia during this difficult period has been commendable. Tony must be able to remember the Adams part 2 debacle, where we almost left it too late to save ourselves via the bald ones devine intervention.

I reckon Sami will be gone shortly after the Millwall game if we lose. It will be interesting to see the level of effort put in by the players on Friday evening. Some may down tools in order to get Hyypia through the exit door.

Any that do this need shipping out in January.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If we lose on Friday, which seems likely the way we are playing, then I have a feeling that he will be sacked. I want us to win and start to get out of the mess we find ourselves in, but surely a loss will signal the end for Hyypia.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
4) No replacement lined up?

Was going to post similar. I'd guess that's the only reason Sami is still here and until the new man is found the Club have to continue to publicly back him.

Any idea that the Club have just given up on this season and that they either believe that we are too good too go down even with Sami or that we can rebuild from the league below is absolute bobbins.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Probably more like £2.5-3m on 7000 season tickets.
Probably a lot more than that. There aren't many people who will renew at near Prem League pricing to watch the likes of Crawley on a Wednesday night in December. Me included.

Plus the away attendances will plummet. No more 2000+ from a lot of clubs like Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday, etc.

This is a HUGE gamble by Bloom. If he gets it badly wrong it will take years to recover. It could pay off but I've seen nothing so far to convince me that we are nothing more than League 1 bound.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here