Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What has the Board seen in Hyypia that we can't see

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
My hope is that this is the "vote of confidence" that comes just moments before the axe

9 out of 10 clubs affirm a vote of confidence in the manager shortly before giving him the chop.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The high cost of relegation?

If we loose 5,000 season ticket holders paying say and average of £48 a month = £2,880,000 10,000 = £5,760,000 + associated sales at the ground, less TV money etc. Even if SH is on £500,000 PA it makes financial sense to sack him, if you think sacking him will avoid relegation.

Relegation to League 1 means a likely scenario of 15k staying as STHs rather than 18k. Support will go back to a hard core level.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Worryingly, reckon its mainly this.
Factoring everything together the board must think we're too good to go down but sometimes the statistics go against you , we've all seen clubs get relegated on the last day of the season and others saved by a quirk of fate.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Relegation to League 1 means a likely scenario of 15k staying as STHs rather than 18k. Support will go back to a hard core level.

I thought we had in the region of 22K season ticket holders (I could of course be wrong)? So we would lose just on ST sales £4,032,000 base on 15K renewing.....Thats a lot of dosh.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I think Tony Bloom has all but confirmed our Relegation. Keeping this clueless clown in charge will send us down for sure. Well done Tone :thumbsup:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I thought we had in the region of 22K season ticket holders (I could of course be wrong)? So we would lose just on ST sales £4,032,000 base on 15K renewing.....Thats a lot of dosh.
Probably more like £2.5-3m on 7000 season tickets.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
There is no doubt that things have not been good this season and there are a number of factors of which Sammi is one. Until the last couple of games we have been much the same as a good few teams at the bottom. Those games have been a shock.

How well would another manager have done with the squad ? It is impossible to say of course but reasonable to assume we could be lower middle table easy and certainly not too much better than where we are now. A manager change will bring upheaval with no guarantee of success. Those that say sack Sammi and we will stay up are being rather simplistic. This is a tough division, many matches are close and there is no guarantee that his replacement would achieve survival.

I do think though that if it is a bad loss to Millwall Sammi will be on his way.

I wouldn't read too much into that Argus article. It infers there was some kind of performance review board meeting scheduled for 'before' the Fulham and Derby games. So before they had invested in a striker of Bent's ilk and suffered two more defeats, Hyppia's performance was already on the agenda. I think he will be out if we lose to Millwall, that is I they haven't already decided.

But hang on a second, this is the Albion! We have a whole host of financial wranglings and recruitment cock ups to look forward too.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
The high cost of relegation?

If we loose 5,000 season ticket holders paying say and average of £48 a month = £2,880,000 10,000 = £5,760,000 + associated sales at the ground, less TV money etc. Even if SH is on £500,000 PA it makes financial sense to sack him, if you think sacking him will avoid relegation.

If you think Sami earns less than the average first teamer you have a lot to learn.

Paying him out would cost around £4m and could be the difference between meeting FFP or not. Not something to be done lightly - and definitely not worth it to finish 11th instead of 17th.

I'm in the board has written off the season but doesn't think we will go down camp so why waste the money.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
If you think Sami earns less than the average first teamer you have a lot to learn.

Paying him out would cost around £4m and could be the difference between meeting FFP or not. Not something to be done lightly - and definitely not worth it to finish 11th instead of 17th.

I'm in the board has written off the season but doesn't think we will go down camp so why waste the money.

The average championship salary was £4059 a week last season so £211,068 PA, I would be amazed if we are paying SH £1,300,000 a year.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
What I have been seeing on a saturday afternoon, would suggest they dont do much during the week, the set pieces are a farce with the players arguing over who is taking them. If this is him working hard, he should take a few days off. The team has looked completely disorientated in the last few games.

SH confirmed after the Fulham game that they have trained set pieces but the team weren't doing them during the game! This has to be one of the main reasons he has to go if the players aren't doing what the manager tells them.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Does that happen in reality though? I always thought that 'mutual consent' usually means the club and the manager come to some agreement as to the payoff rather than paying out the full contract

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here