Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What has the Board seen in Hyypia that we can't see

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You're like many forgetting our wage bill will half at least saving us £10 million minium :thumbsup:

The wage bill be halved because all the high earners will be released or offloaded and replaced by lesser skilled players earning two thirds less.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If he resigned he could heap the blame on our recruitment system by buying players who were not good enough without his wishes. That would help his CV better than being sacked.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I've always been a Sami in voter on the NSC polls because I believe every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit.

All we have to do is ride the storm, and what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Our job is to get behind Sami and the players and get ready for a fight of our lives.

No more Sami in out polls please!!!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I've always been a Sami in voter on the NSC polls because I believe every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit.

All we have to do is ride the storm, and what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Our job is to get behind Sami and the players and get ready for a fight of our lives.

No more Sami in out polls please!!!

Sorry, that sounds a bit like it should be part of verse 2 of 'Climb Every Mountain' from The Sound of Music!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We will be in league 1 pal and would have a very good squad compared to most in that league...What you expecting in league 1? 20k a week superstars?
To cut the wages we would probably have to dispense with the services of Stockdale , Dunk , LuaLua , Baldock , Agustein , Colunga and Crofts plus release all the players who are out of contract at the end of June 2015 because we can't afford to offer them a new deal.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
If they believe that Hyypia is the right man, then something else is wrong. If its the players that have been recruited are not good enough, then they need replacing and Burke who recruited them needs sacking.

So either Sami goes, or Burke goes and we get some real quality players in that are Samis choice. Keeping the situation the same will defo mean relegation.

Where in the budget will these quality players be afforded??

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
To cut the wages we would probably have to dispense with the services of Stockdale , Dunk , LuaLua , Baldock , Agustein , Colunga and Crofts plus release all the players who are out of contract at the end of June 2015 because we can't afford to offer them a new deal.
Agustein is out at the end of the season
Dunk can be sold for a very tidy figure
Colunga won't be on huge wages I hope,but wouldn't be surprised
Crofts they just offered a new 1 year contract,bad idea but hey
Lua lua should give as a couple of million
Baldock will stay in league one

We will be in pretty good shape in league 1 with a few quid to spend Thats for sure :)

well I for 1 am totally mystified as to how he is still in a job with such a disastrous record it beggars belief but can only think that the board know that Hyypia was the only one prepared to work in current set up and they need him to save face and money. The club dont want to have another manager 4th in 3 years and the fact of any decent managers out there would not touch the club with a barge pole due to the set up!!

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Jesus. One thing I will say is that Bloom's investment is giving him a hell of a lot of breathing space. Anyone else and we'd be calling for the chairman's head as well after this crazy decision before pissing off half way around the world.
This. Bloom is being a appalling Chairman from the outside right now but don't we all love beloved Tony on here....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here