Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What Happened To Return Of The Rev?

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
I don't know the chap, so I'm happy to accept that. It begs the question though, why, if he's a decent guy in real life, did he feel the need to constantly behave like an attention seeking moron, on here?
Because he knows it winds up certain people who think that by posting on a forum, albeit a very good forum, it somehow makes them important.

TB

:moo:

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
so sarcasm doesn't travel but you can 'see' me whinging like a baby? interesting,

"Take it up with a mod"? if we're doing our own sound/visuals i'll choose that geeky one out of the inbetweeners, I might be wrong but who really cares?

I wasn't the one who didn't get the sarcasm. All I 'see' is you making a fuss about an idiot getting banned but I've no idea what you're going on about with the Inbetweeners. I've never watched it.

I'm also not sure what Das Reich is on about with his reply to me. I'm not sure I care enough to find out.

Jan 30, 2008
I wasn't the one who didn't get the sarcasm. All I 'see' is you making a fuss about an idiot getting banned but I've no idea what you're going on about with the Inbetweeners. I've never watched it.

I'm also not sure what Das Reich is on about with his reply to me. I'm not sure I care enough to find out.
oh but you are !that's why you keep popping back on board :D

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Because he knows it winds up certain people who think that by posting on a forum, albeit a very good forum, it somehow makes them important.

TB

:moo:

Then he's an unfunny dullard. Nobody thinks they 'are important' for posting on here. What a ridiculous suggestion. Many people enjoy interacting on here, and some contribute positively, others purposefully negatively.

Then he's an unfunny dullard. Nobody thinks they 'are important' for posting on here. What a ridiculous suggestion. Many people enjoy interacting on here, and some contribute positively, others purposefully negatively.

I'm not defending Rev or even trying to argue the decision to ban him, Bozza has already sorted that one.

But there are without question a few on here who are constantly trying to make themselves look "in the know" and with internal sources. Believe it or not these are the people I ignore and not the ones trying to inject humour, although I do understand not everyone got Revs brand of humour.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm not defending Rev or even trying to argue the decision to ban him, Bozza has already sorted that one.
, He an
But there are without question a few on here who are constantly trying to make themselves look "in the know" and with internal sources. Believe it or not these are the people I ignore and not the ones trying to inject humour, although I do understand not everyone got Revs brand of humour.

Like Hillian, I have actually met ROTR. He sits behind me in UWS, Block G with his brother and two sons. Whilst he is no longer involved in Mid Sussex Seagulls, he and his brother enlisted the help of Mike (C17BHA on here) and myself to get the supporters club up and running. I am pleased to say that MSS has been a great success.

R is a quiet chap who does a lot with his kids. He will help people less fortunate than himself. (Some of you may remember he was heavily involved in the campaign to get a lad a helicopter ride over the Amex).

He loves campaigns. Whilst he hasn't been to an away game this season, he has been to Plymouth.

Does he start wierd threads? well yes he does. I have cringed a couple of times at some of the posts he started. Particularly when we were trying to get MSS up as a credible club (But R knows that, as I mentioned it to him at the time). However, he never swears on his posts or calls people names. We have some aggressive posters who seem to get away with murder.

I noticed Bozza has mentioned it's not a permanent ban. Maybe if R promises not to be disruptive*, he can come back. R if you are reading this, and I guess you are, it may be a thought?

By disruptive, I mean not try and take the board down, with Test, etc.

Cheers

The Keeper

Oct 22, 2005
West Sussex
I know the Rev very well, unique sense of humour i will give you that, but he is a very loyal Brighton fan who has followed his team all around the country for 35-40 years, he has now got his kids heavily involved in supporting the club, I for one say come back rev all is forgiven!!!

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
haven't been on here long myself,but ROTR is clearly albion old school

in my humble opinion,i think it's a loss to the forum

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Rev is ok. He is missed. Come back Rev all is forgiven.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
I don't know the Rev, but he seems to be a colourful chap and there's never a dull moment when he's around.
He very much needs to live up to his moniker as we need him back

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I've heard a rumour he is now trolling on several Sci-Fi forums as Return Of The Jedi.

The judge

Sep 28, 2011
Portslade
Like Hillian, I have actually met ROTR. He sits behind me in UWS, Block G with his brother and two sons. Whilst he is no longer involved in Mid Sussex Seagulls, he and his brother enlisted the help of Mike (C17BHA on here) and myself to get the supporters club up and running. I am pleased to say that MSS has been a great success.

R is a quiet chap who does a lot with his kids. He will help people less fortunate than himself. (Some of you may remember he was heavily involved in the campaign to get a lad a helicopter ride over the Amex).

He loves campaigns. Whilst he hasn't been to an away game this season, he has been to Plymouth.

Does he start wierd threads? well yes he does. I have cringed a couple of times at some of the posts he started. Particularly when we were trying to get MSS up as a credible club (But R knows that, as I mentioned it to him at the time). However, he never swears on his posts or calls people names. We have some aggressive posters who seem to get away with murder.

I noticed Bozza has mentioned it's not a permanent ban. Maybe if R promises not to be disruptive*, he can come back. R if you are reading this, and I guess you are, it may be a thought?

By disruptive, I mean not try and take the board down, with Test, etc.

Cheers

Well said bring back Mr R .

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This would be interesting, [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] is it possible to know the most ignored members of NSC or would that be against the code of conduct?

Unfortunately not very easily, but not for any reasons of secrecy. The reason is that each user has an ignore list that looks something like this:

765, 8239, 347, 23, 9001, 12482

...where each number is the UserID of a user they have on ignore.

My SQL skills are OK, but they're not good enough to write something that can parse a field like that, for each and every users on NSC, and come up with a 'most ignored' list. I've also looked in various vBulletin resources and, although some others have asked the same question, a solution has not been forthcoming.

If any NSCer is a SQL whizz and want to put the query together, then I'm happy to execute it and report back the results.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Unfortunately...results.

I have a really simple idea...get every user to start a thread and each thread is exactly the same. Then tell every user to view every thread and BOOM the most ignored poster is the least viewed!

This is a flawless plan and my help comes for free.

Grapes of Wrath

Nov 1, 2009
Worthing
Ive heard a rumour hes a 50 year old sad f*** who acts like hes 10.

I don't know you fella, neither do really want to given your comment above. Granted Rev can be a tad annoying and a wind up merchant, but he also posts some great stuff, photos etc. If people ignored his occasional stupid threads & didn't react he would no doubt get the message.
He has if you don't know, done a lot for the club & fellow fans over the years, & hopefully he will be back posting at some stage. Maybe a little wiser for the experience, although I doubt it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here