Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What Happened To Return Of The Rev?

i've been trying really hard to not mention that babies cannot whinge, as they cannot speak. They cry to bring a need to their parent's attention, but whinging involves words.

or in my case, the ability (albeit a basic one) to use the most serious and worthwhile method of communication known to man, i.e a football message board (or better still, a football message board in the closed season!)

Jan 30, 2008
Real life? ROTR is a 50 year old bloke. If he acted like he did here in real life you'd have told him to grow up. NSC isn't a free-for-all. The bloke who owns it has set some guidelines which basically amount to "don't be a twat". ROTR knew this, was warned repeatedly but still carried on acting like a twat. The blame for the ban lies solely at ROTR's door. Save your sympathy for someone who matters.
where does that put you in this complex situation joey ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
top bloke the REV, good organiser with sound experience , don't knock him .

I liked Rev, top bloke does alot of good stuff related to the Albion supporters groups. Mad as bunch of spanners though.

I don't know the chap, so I'm happy to accept that. It begs the question though, why, if he's a decent guy in real life, did he feel the need to constantly behave like an attention seeking moron, on here?

I don't know the chap, so I'm happy to accept that. It begs the question though, why, if he's a decent guy in real life, did he feel the need to constantly behave like an attention seeking moron, on here?

Not wanting to have an argument here but did anyone else ever bother to read between the lines of much of Revs posts, he would often try to combine a modicum of humour with a serious undertone.

Jan 30, 2008
Not wanting to have an argument here but did anyone else ever bother to read between the lines of much of Revs posts, he would often try to combine a modicum of humour with a serious undertone.
too many people too far up their own arses to realise that Hillian.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

Yeah, I should point out that RotR is the only poster I've taken OFF my ignore list, because I found myself clicking on "View Post". He WAS annoying, but he also had some clever, original ideas. I hope he's currently using his brain for something more useful than trolling on football forums.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Possibly, but more often than not he just posted utter drivel. Cant say I miss it.

I don't doubt he's a good guy in real life, but it seems a bit sad to me that a 50 year old man had to get his kicks from posting bizarre bollocks on the internet every 15 seconds.

Possibly, but more often than not he just posted utter drivel. Cant say I miss it.

I don't doubt he's a good guy in real life, but it seems a bit sad to me that a 50 year old man had to get his kicks from posting bizarre bollocks on the internet every 15 seconds.

Can't argue with that, I guess you really needed to know him a bit.

Yeah, I should point out that RotR is the only poster I've taken OFF my ignore list, because I found myself clicking on "View Post". He WAS annoying, but he also had some clever, original ideas. I hope he's currently using his brain for something more useful than trolling on football forums.

The water slide from WSU to Falmer station being his best.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

That just reinforces the point people are making. If he had something interesting to say, then just start that thread, and people will read it. If you start that thread, but throw in 23 pointless smileys, then start a further 12 threads of utter drivel, and you can see how your original interesting point might get overlooked, by people who really don't have the patience or inclination to filter out all the sh1t.

too many people too far up their own arses to realise that Hillian.

Or maybe he could grow up a bit?

This.

Jan 30, 2008
That just reinforces the point people are making. If he had something interesting to say, then just start that thread, and people will read it. If you start that thread, but throw in 23 pointless smileys, then start a further 12 threads of utter drivel, and you can see how your original interesting point might get overlooked, by people who really don't have the patience or inclination to filter out all the sh1t.

Or maybe he could grow up a bit?

This.
everyones got their own standards of humour but i think i've made a valid statement ,after all as someone else posted there's always the ignore button ???

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
everyones got their own standards of humour but i think i've made a valid statement ,after all as someone else posted there's always the ignore button ???

Thing is, you could choose to ignore his drivel.

I would have to ignore not only that, but also all the e-mails clogging up my in-box, generated by the 'report post' function, every time your mate went on a childish spamming spree.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Let's be clear - he wasn't banned for posting bucket loads of inane shit, although plenty of people thought he should be, he was banned for intentionally trying to destabilise the site.

And, even then, it was only intended as a temporary ban but he and his chums seem to have decided it is permanent. We should respect their wishes.

Jan 30, 2008
Thing is, you could choose to ignore his drivel.

I would have to ignore not only that, but also all the e-mails clogging up my in-box, generated by the 'report post' function, every time your mate went on a childish spamming spree.
i haven't said he was a mate of mine although i do know him to casually talk too , as for clogging up your e-mails i honestly believe there must be some sad people with nothing better to do, i bet the percentages in real terms were low??? anyway I've had my say on the subject.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here