Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What do you consider an annoying/unbearable “neighbour” at the Amex?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Two guys sat behind me for one game were really annoying . They were talking constantly about their office , work , Cindy on the photocopier. Just before halftime I exploded on them and told them to shut up and watch the football . They went very quiet for the rest of the game .
You remember What Cindy does on the photocopier 👀

Uptown Dunk

Sep 4, 2021
I loved my old ST seat in the family area having taken my sons there over several years. The family behind us had sons a similar age so the kids all grew up together. Moreover they were louder than us and I found their comments both amusing and insightful.
This season my son and I moved along east lower to nearer halfway. It’s not gone well. The guy immediately behind us talks incessantly and is neither interesting or amusing. Sometimes he is plain wrong. Perhaps the best likeness are the uneducated commentators for the Wolves v Albion FA cup game on iPlayer a few weeks ago.
Consequently I moved seats for next season earlier today.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
When I had a ST the group in front of us were so crude and would loudly talk about their latest conquests or their sex tourism and lads holidays to Thailand or whatever (these are approx 40 year old blokes) with the occasional racist comment made regarding an opposition player. Disgusting bunch of people, especially with families nearby.

It kicked off once as an older guy told them off and a bit of spit flew out of his mouth (by mistake) and hit one of them and they got all agro with some poor sod 40 years their senior, offering him outside etc.

Wankers.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I moved once at Withdean to get away from a fat person who was taking an extra half seat either side of them. Seriously.

Club were very understanding and it wasn't the first time they had had to deal with this issue with that person. I did suggest they charge him for two seats.
Unless he is particularly lopsided surely they would have to charge him for three seats as the "overspill" would be the same either side of him, unless he was seated at the end of a row as he would only be encroaching into one other seat

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Family of four in front constantly vape and the smoke blow backwards and I’m just in a constant cloud of it. There’s always a chancer trying to nick my seat so he can sit near his mates. Has suggested many times that I could go sit elsewhere:
Vaping is banned isn't it?

A couple of folks two rows in front of us have the odd sneaky puff two or three times a game, and that doesn't bother me.

If they were at it constantly it would piss me off. I'd report them anonymously if that were me. Ignore any 'no-one likes a grass' bullshit, and go for it. No reason you should have to sit there in your £600 seat and breathe in that shit. Just report their seat numbers, and the stewards will no doubt keep an eye out - and when they are spotted, will just ask them to pack it in.

If they carry on after that, any consequences are their own stupid fault, innit.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Vaping is banned isn't it?

A couple of folks two rows in front of us have the odd sneaky puff two or three times a game, and that doesn't bother me.

If they were at it constantly it would piss me off. I'd report them anonymously if that were me. Ignore any 'no-one likes a grass' bullshit, and go for it. No reason you should have to sit there in your £600 seat and breathe in that shit. Just report their seat numbers, and the stewards will no doubt keep an eye out - and when they are spotted, will just ask them to pack it in.

If they carry on after that, any consequences are their own stupid fault, innit.
This was a whole rollercoaster of emotions, from “I don’t care” to “I’ll report them” to “they better watch out” 😂

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
Had a great little gang in the north end of the WSU for many years. Really good mix, always bumped into people at away games (still do!). One bloke in front of us decided he didn't like that people didn't stand up there, so preceded to start blocking views by standing in the seat directly in front of us. My old man said something to him and he decided he'd pick on my dad for the rest of the season so we moved into the centre of the WSU when the season ended.

I noticed the arsehole a few rows ahead at AEK away and he was trying to (physically) fight a teenager who rightly told him that he had nicked his seat and needed to move.
You sound a bit Italian to me. Should have stood your ground 😁

Anyone who arrives late, constantly gets up to go for the toilet during the game and then leaves early, thus causing you to stand up and sit back down again at least 5 times a game.
There is the polar opposite of that person though who thinks their seat and the area in front of it is their front room and is mortally offended if you have to move past them just once in a game, never mind 5 times. Thankfully a couple of those is all that miffs me where I am, so am very lucky given the info on here

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Anyone who arrives late, constantly gets up to go for the toilet during the game and then leaves early, thus causing you to stand up and sit back down again at least 5 times a game.

Anyone who constantly vapes
I'm on the end of a row and have absolutely no problem with any of the above, even tho it means I literally have to stand up and sit back down again about 20 to 30 times a game. Needs must. Goes with the turf. Plus it's about the only form of exercise I get nowadays. I consider it a form of chair yoga. Besides, it means nobody's counting too closely when I get up to go to the loo 5 times a game :blush:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The fella who sits next to my son hit a new high/low during the Roma home game.
He always goes for a beer about 35 minutes into he first half, comes back on the 50th ish minute, and goes on about the 70-75 minute, don’t know if he goes home or for more beer, but is very rarely there for the 80 minute.
The Roma game, he went for a toilet break, on the 30 minute, and didn’t come back, he didn’t get to his seat till about the 5th minute.

25 minutes football.

He went on every Europa away game.

We are okay with it tho, cos when he is watching the game, h talks so much bollox about it, its a relief when he goes.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I'm on the end of a row and have absolutely no problem with any of the above, even tho it means I literally have to stand up and sit back down again about 20 to 30 times a game. Needs must. Goes with the turf. Plus it's about the only form of exercise I get nowadays. I consider it a form of chair yoga. Besides, it means nobody's counting too closely when I get up to go to the loo 5 times a game :blush:
I purposely got an end of the row seat when I got my WSU ST. I am amazed at the regularity some in my row need a toilet break but hey ho. I love being at the end as I can whizz to the bar quickly when required😊
In terms of idiots we fortunately don’t seem to have any near us(H)

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
WSU near the back. We have a young guy (early twenties?) who thinks he is in the middle of the North Stand. He constantly swears , hurls abuse at the referee and certain Albion players. I tend to zone out to most of it but he appears to not enjoy a single moment of the games (win or lose) but always turns up - unfortunately.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
This thread is pure gold, thank you. It makes my seat in the family section at Fulham sound like paradise (hard as it is, with the penalty spot obscured by a Grade 2 listed post). We have one or two tourists who get up for a piss / beer too often, but otherwise the assorted families get on well, having all sat there for years. Sweets are handed round, occasionally a slice of Victoria Sponge, and we all have a good moan at the adjacent lino (or tell them that Sian Massey was better). I dread being turfed out when my daughter reaches 21.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Moved season ticket seat once when at Withdean to get away from a mighty mouth moaner who seemed to revel in shouting abuse at our own players.

Final straw came one game when he shouted something like “for fucks sake what are you doing <player name>” about 45 seconds after kick off, and the player he shouted about wasnt even on the pitch 🤦‍♂️
Then it was a fair question shirley? Player should of been on the pitch, not gallivanting about somewhere else :shrug: .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So... to sum up... Hell Is Other Albion Fans 😄
I gave up my season ticket once at Withdean due to annoying neighbours and would definitely do so again if my little part of WSU gets dragged into the gutter by cockwombles.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This was a whole rollercoaster of emotions, from “I don’t care” to “I’ll report them” to “they better watch out” 😂
Not really, if you actually read what I wrote.

MY situation (2 people having the occasional puff of a vape) doesn't bother ME at all.

@Hovegull 's situation (4 people immediately in front of them, chain-vaping all game) WOULD bother me, and I WOULD report it.

:shrug:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Then it was a fair question shirley? Player should of been on the pitch, not gallivanting about somewhere else :shrug: .
One of my all-time favourites was on a still tranquil summer's day at Withdean. Everybody just nodding off in the warm sunshine in the South Stand. Enter Liam Dickinson on about 70 minutes. Fannies around ineffectually for the next 10 minutes. At which point a lone voice (you know who you are) bellows out: 'GET IN THE GAME WILKINSON!' :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here