Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What do you consider an annoying/unbearable “neighbour” at the Amex?

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Went to all of the Europa League matches but for the first two, someone spilled their drink behind us.

You could see the spillage going down the steps, creating a puddle by my feet for most of the match.

I don't know who it was but it p*ssed me off (twice) 😡

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Me. I keep telling everyone how much I hate our pass back first football and how I hate modern football!

I must be a right git to stand by

Ike and Tina Burner

Mar 22, 2019
There is no need to call everyone a F@cking C@nts constantly at the top of your voice.....actually its quite embarrassing when there are kids and ladies about.......but if you feel its normal behavior...that says a lot..
Do I think swearing excessively at an away match is normal behavior? Yes I do. You don't go to a gig and complain about the mosh pit. Also, it's 2024 mate so acting like women are a special category and can't tolerate swearing the same as men is weird
Time and place.

When I was an Amex nomad between ST’s, a few times I bought tickets for the NE corner. Despite the brilliant football of the first CH team, the place was a graveyard. I got dirty looks for roaring on our wingers on the counter, also occasional swearing.
An away game is quite literally the time and the place.

albionalba

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2023
sadly in Scotland
I'm sure this is an old joke that has been told in a version on NSC before but I remember an Ed Fringe comedian telling a joke about going to a lowly Scottish match with a crowd in the hundreds and seeing an over-swearing guy, there with his four year old son, shouting angrily with frequent C word use at the ref whenever he came close. He stood out because of the generally quiet atmosphere and those around noticed how the little boy was getting more and more upset by his Dad's behaviour until, alongside a prolonged, loud, sweary, shout by Dad, the kid burst into tears. Whereupon the Dad turned his anger up a notch, still directed at the ref saying "Now ya see what ya done y'Cxxx, you've made m'wee boy cry".....(said in angry Scottish accent).

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Do I think swearing excessively at an away match is normal behavior? Yes I do. You don't go to a gig and complain about the mosh pit. Also, it's 2024 mate so acting like women are a special category and can't tolerate swearing the same as men is weird

An away game is quite literally the time and the place.
Well I hope you are not ever close to me at an away match.
It’s not 1980 anymore we don’t need to call other people F@cking C@BT’s just because they support a different team…. Grow up.

Football is now a family sport like it or not.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Well I hope you are not ever close to me at an away match.
It’s not 1980 anymore we don’t need to call other people F@cking C@BT’s just because they support a different team…. Grow up.

Football is now a family sport like it or not.
Happy to call people f***ing ****s even if we support the same team 😂

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Went to all of the Europa League matches but for the first two, someone spilled their drink behind us.

You could see the spillage going down the steps, creating a puddle by my feet for most of the match.

I don't know who it was but it p*ssed me off (twice) 😡
Was this in s1g?

greengull

Sep 5, 2003
I must be lucky as the people around us in WSL from AMEX opening have been fine. However, we seem to get the occasional visitor when people sell their tickets that seem obsessed with their phones and you wonder why they bothered. Are some people completely addicted to betting sites, and need to constantly gamble on which opposition player is going to roll around playing injured next?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here