Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What do you consider an annoying/unbearable “neighbour” at the Amex?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Looks like there’s a case for Secret Seater this Xmas for those seat neighbours you love most. Top recommendations so far

1) Veet
2) Listerine
3) personal Trainer voucher
4) An intervention

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I always enjoyed Big Phil greeting about 243 people on his way up to his seat after selling programmes. Famed.

Less a fan of the "f*** his legs" girl who would only scream very violent things.

Assuming you still mean the same place, I can't believe someone was determined to persistently stand that high up. Seems pointless to me.
Yeah, same place. Was after you lot left to however. I think he just wanted to get a bit of a rise out of someone tbh and we were unfortunately stuck right behind. Very happy with where we sit now though, and it paired beautifully with dad moving into the OAP category so price wasn't actually much different combined for a much better view.

It was a great little spot though. Especially in those early AMEX years. We had our own little community up there. Bumped into plenty of them all across Europe this year.

Was "f*** his legs" girl a friend of "SMASH EM"?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yeah, same place. Was after you lot left to however. I think he just wanted to get a bit of a rise out of someone tbh and we were unfortunately stuck right behind. Very happy with where we sit now though, and it paired beautifully with dad moving into the OAP category so price wasn't actually much different combined for a much better view.

It was a great little spot though. Especially in those early AMEX years. We had our own little community up there. Bumped into plenty of them all across Europe this year.

Was "f*** his legs" girl a friend of "SMASH EM"?
My recollection is a little dusty but yes I believe "f*** his legs" would often follow a "SMASH EM", sometimes the lesser spotted "Smash em, the TWATS"

Obviously a ludicrously loud aggressive chant of ADAM EL ABD from one man at quiet moments during a game can't be forgotten also.

We went WSL for 2-3 years which was decent for pitchside stuff but dreadful for atmosphere - a lot of day trippers, away fans sneaking in, and you got looked at if you chanted.

Now in North behind the goal and wouldn't change it.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
I had a right twat next to me in the north since the ground opened.
Changed seats this season to the WSU and f*** me, he's only bloody sat next to me up there too.
Right proper twat, he is my brother though so I still love him

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I’ve got some lovely neighbours near me :wave:
If I ever come on here complaining that I heard people shouting, especially at the referee, you can shoot me 🤣👍

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Same seat since the Amex opened and all my neighbours to the left, right and in front are fine, friendly and a good, entertaining mix. There are three blokes behind who spend the whole match talking about work, golf, whose turn it is to get the beers from 40 mins onward and what time they are going to leave from 75 onwards but I've now learnt to ignore them. On the rare occasions these days that they actually engage with the game, they normally get the players wrong, often criticising players who haven't made it off the bench or occasionally, into the squad.

They used to take more interest (if constantly abusing players could be considered 'interest'). There was an 'incident' during the Hyypiä season when these three (probably 40ish) spent the whole match screaming abuse at a 19 year old Forster Caskey. I got a bit annoyed and defensive of a young lad, spun round and told them that 'Forster Caskey speaks very highly of you. Oh sorry, no he doesn't because he has no f***ing idea who you are'. We haven't had a great number of tete a tetes since :wink:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I couldn’t stand the lot behind me before I gave up my WSU season ticket. Very close to blows on more than one occasion. They’d shout at referees all game because it wasn’t going our way. And an annoying kid who my mate said about, “This is what happens when you spare the rod”
He wasn’t wrong though and was reported and got a three match ban. Lots of pushing and shoving after that. I was put on “watch” after that according to the stand manager who is an absolute diamond. Really nice.
So was probably that annoying neighbour to be fair.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Annoying but not unbearable: There's 3 generations of a family with seats together along my row. Grandad, mum, and youngish son. The mum has absolutely no interest in football whatsoever and spends the entire match on her phone. Every single game without fail she leaves at about 39 minutes to go down and beat the queues then again leaves about 85 minutes to go down to the concourse. To think she spends over £600 a year doing something she doesn't enjoy and then disrupts the others in our row as she squeezes past.

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
I had to move from the Family area when the youngest of my kids turned 18. I ended up in the north west corner. At my first game I had an empty seat next to me and an older teenager next to that. About five minutes in he jumped up and went apoplectic, f-ing and c-ing at the top of his voice. This happened at regular intervals. After about 15 minutes, a woman carrying (and dropping) various pies, hot dogs and crisps, got everyone up out of their seats and sat down next to me. She handed the food over to the oik beside her, who barely grunted with gratitude. She then said proudly to me, ‘That’s my son’. I had to tolerate that for a whole season. One saving grace being that they left on about 75 mins every game.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Two guys sat behind me for one game were really annoying . They were talking constantly about their office , work , Cindy on the photocopier. Just before halftime I exploded on them and told them to shut up and watch the football . They went very quiet for the rest of the game .

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Great group where we are, if someone can't make it and flogs their seat we all shift around if necessary.
A few away fans often add to the mix, but wouldn't move for the world.
SHOOOOOT

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Moved season ticket seat once when at Withdean to get away from a mighty mouth moaner who seemed to revel in shouting abuse at our own players.

Final straw came one game when he shouted something like “for fucks sake what are you doing <player name>” about 45 seconds after kick off, and the player he shouted about wasnt even on the pitch 🤦‍♂️

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Two guys sat behind me for one game were really annoying . They were talking constantly about their office , work , Cindy on the photocopier. Just before halftime I exploded on them and told them to shut up and watch the football . They went very quiet for the rest of the game .
Yep you sound well annoying!

Bloke behind us, obsessed with bins, constantly shouts different chants to the one which is making its way to us from the police box. He also hates any anti Palarse songs, so drowns them out, tosser. Very irritating, but also very harmless by all accounts.

Guys in front a top drawer, bloke to left loves to abuse refs and call them a wanker in his old school sussex accent and the blokes behind never chat to us, probs because we have links to the firm....

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Bloke behind us, obsessed with bins, constantly shouts different chants to the one which is making its way to us from the police box. He also hates any anti Palarse songs, so drowns them out, tosser. Very irritating, but also very harmless by all accounts.

Guys in front a top drawer, bloke to left loves to abuse refs and call them a wanker in his old school sussex accent and the blokes behind never chat to us, probs because we have links to the firm....

What did the first bloke do when all of WSU and NS en masse abused Palarse througout the 4–1?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here