Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What do you consider an annoying/unbearable “neighbour” at the Amex?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Had a great little gang in the north end of the WSU for many years. Really good mix, always bumped into people at away games (still do!). One bloke in front of us decided he didn't like that people didn't stand up there, so preceded to start blocking views by standing in the seat directly in front of us. My old man said something to him and he decided he'd pick on my dad for the rest of the season so we moved into the centre of the WSU when the season ended.

I noticed the arsehole a few rows ahead at AEK away and he was trying to (physically) fight a teenager who rightly told him that he had nicked his seat and needed to move.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Used to have a couple of teenage gobshites sitting behind us in the family stand. Amongst a long list of irratating stuff, the one that used to really piss me off, was when they would drop their half eaten food and then push it under the seats in front with their feet.

There have been plenty of worse things over the years, but knowing if you say anything, you are stuck with the same little charmers and their cultured adults for the rest of the season, is just a pain.

ESU is much better, although some people do need to work on their bladder control/beer consumption. We have some persistent early leavers in front of us, but I know they always try to get up as soon as play stops. The ones who have to say goodbye to someone 6 rows back, when we are taking a corner are walking a thin line.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I moved my seat not because anyone is annoying At first the Scottish chappie a few rows back, who insists on telling the opposition goalkeeper he is making babies his old lady was a bit much every five minutes, but I find it rather endearing now.
I do hope Billy score for him soon though.
30,000 people are all going to be different, and you don't know what is going on with folk or their situation in life.
I just fancied moving up a few rows and an isle seat was free, I think I am actually closer to him now.

One annoying kid though.
A few seasons ago I was sat in the west at the front, next to some horrible little shite of kid around 11/12 he was swearing and consonantly looking at the North stand for approval, his dad did feck all to stop him jumping up and down, throwing his food wrappers on the floor and he even spat at an opposition player coming to take a throw in, thankfully at half time I switched seats near a friend as a seat was free, I would have smacked him about the head with a Melton Mowbray pie had I had to stay there, or simply left.

Last edited:

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I suspect we all are irritating to someone I our own way. I shifted uncomfortably reading that 'get in the box Welbeck' one - that could totally be me.

Fortunately the people round me seem broadly sound, except for the pre pubescent kid behind me who potentially has some emotional problems as he often bursts into tears if the game isn't going our way. That isn't so bad but whenever there is a tense or exciting moment he screams the most unbearable high pitched, voice box lacerating kid-boy scream. It's horrible.

I tend to oscillate between under my breath muttering and commentating on the game to no one in particular to spectacular displays of repressed rage. Especially around confrontations or harsh challenges. The last one was Moder against Forest. 'GOOD, GOOD ON YOU MODER. F*CK HIM! F*CK HIM! LET HIM ROLL AROUND THERE THE SOFT PR*CK, DONT YOU DARE HELP HIM UP. F*CK HIM, ABOUT TIME SOMEONE GOT STUCK INTO THESE TW*TS.... GET UP YOU BIG FANNY" absolutely out of nowhere. Then I have to sit down. Remember my neighbours and slowly die of shame for the rest of the match.

The worst type for me is the relentlessly negative person. Its so draining and tedious. I was stuck next some guy at the United semi last season. Moaning about everything. In the absence of his own opinion, he just seemed to spout constant tedious negative tropes which were both clueless and totally wrong in the context. Where we were comprehensively outlaying them. Every sentence started with 'problem with.."

'Problem with wellbeck is he doesn't score enough...." , "Problem is Gross' legs have gone"

About everyone and everything. I don't know why you'd bother going.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My son, whilst waiting for me to get another ST, sat at the back of block D NS. He faced the away games thing of ten 25 year old's appearing at each KO to cram into the space for 6 including his seat area. Justified with the olde "You don't mind, do you mate". Bizarrely, these uber supporters disappeared on 70 minutes win, lose or draw ..... the whole ethos just part of their social scene craic.

Soon after we got seats together half way down the NS.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
We have this youg kid (10/12?) sit behind us occasionally and screams at the top of his voice "break their legs" about 20x a game, in his high pitched, piercing, dropped-ball-less voice which is just annoying and irritating.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Bloke, size of a bear, in front of me in West Stand, kept standing as the ball was crossed. Especially corners and free kicks as he stood up as the ball arrived in the box missed several goals as a result. I gently put hands on his shoulders to settle him back down and he got angry. I've moved now.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The one that's overexcited and stands everytime the ball goes near a penalty area so either I miss what's happening or have to stand up to see , as does 500 or so behind me right back to row ZZZZ

For the EL games we tried another stand, WSL, fantastsic seat near the back. When the Albion attacked people stood up blocking my view, so I stood too in the moment, then two grandads behind gave me an impolite tap and attempted bollocking. I responded impolitely with the reason why.

Jul 7, 2003
There is a guy who sits near an aisle in the middle of the WSU who others have nicknamed Postman Pat as he seems to wear shorts all season. He's just far enough away from me not to worry but I know the people in front of him moved elsewhere in the stand as he gets over-excited resulting in a stream of nonsense with the voice pitch getting higher and higher as he gets more wound up.

I'm surprised the dogs of Coldean and the Moulsescoomb are not set off when he really gets going.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Ethel and Rose were a a bit of a problem when I used to sit next to them in the ESU. Especially when Bruno was on the ball. I moved after the knicker throwing incident.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The last one was Moder against Forest. 'GOOD, GOOD ON YOU MODER. F*CK HIM! F*CK HIM! LET HIM ROLL AROUND THERE THE SOFT PR*CK, DONT YOU DARE HELP HIM UP. F*CK HIM, ABOUT TIME SOMEONE GOT STUCK INTO THESE TW*TS.... GET UP YOU BIG FANNY" absolutely out of nowhere.
Incidentally, sorry to hear BBC Radio Sussex chose not to re-new your match summariser contract for next season. Probably just a budget thing :shrug:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I shared my season ticket in the north stand last season. As a result my mate got the seat for the Palace home game. Luckily, I picked up a return on the exchange also in the north, but further back and on the other side.

Anyway, we had a half baked penalty appeal or something, and the bloke behind me goes “it’s never a penalty to be fair”, I turn around and go “yeah, unfortunately” or something.

The guy two seats along was clearly looking for trouble and says loudly and drunkenly to his mate “I think this c**t is Palace” pointing directly at me. I tried to ignore it (while wearing my Albion bobble hat and current season home shirt).

That would’ve been the end of it if they hadn’t been waiting at the bottom of the steps to the concourse and very unsubtly started following me. I had to call my mate and the guy who sits next to me usually for backup.

These were large (fat) older blokes and appeared very intoxicated. Definitely could’ve gone south.

Some right scumbags in our support.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
"Get it forward" merchants are the most tedious to me.

Yes our build up can be a little slow at times but surely by now they get how we play?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I'm sure my repeated moans and groans when we send the ball back to the keeper are probaby annoying those around me, along with covering my eyes when Dunk passes across goal. In the main the people where we sit are pretty good, apart from the idiot one row in front and about 5 seats to the right. He can be very agressive and loud and frankly daft, and when he leaps to his feet he forgets to take his pants with him and his hairy arse isn't very nice. Please always remember when leaping to your feet to take your trousers (or whatever you call them in this county) with you at all times, thank you.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Had a great little gang in the north end of the WSU for many years. Really good mix, always bumped into people at away games (still do!). One bloke in front of us decided he didn't like that people didn't stand up there, so preceded to start blocking views by standing in the seat directly in front of us. My old man said something to him and he decided he'd pick on my dad for the rest of the season so we moved into the centre of the WSU when the season ended.

I noticed the arsehole a few rows ahead at AEK away and he was trying to (physically) fight a teenager who rightly told him that he had nicked his seat and needed to move.
I always enjoyed Big Phil greeting about 243 people on his way up to his seat after selling programmes. Famed.

Less a fan of the "f*** his legs" girl who would only scream very violent things.

Assuming you still mean the same place, I can't believe someone was determined to persistently stand that high up. Seems pointless to me.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Thankfully the annoying bloke next to me decided to move. Spent the whole match on his phone or if his mate, who had season ticket the other side of him, couldn't make it he brought along other mates & they spent the whole match chatting but never about the game. Didn't ever seem to know what was happening on the pitch, really couldn't understand why he was there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here